Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: dzwierzuty |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
About 1374, the Grand Master of the Teutonic Knights, Winrich von Kniprode,
granted substantial amount of land to the knight - Mentlow von Wildenau,
who, in 1383, built an impressive defensive castle there.
Now, it is a quiet village with a train station, bus stop, commune's office, post office, cooperative bank, ATM machine, cultural center and few stores, but no cricket pitch.
Arms and flag adopted on February 21, 2003 (resolution # IV/26/03).
"Arms: on a green shield the building of a water mill flanked by two wheat stalks with leaves.
Flag: a rectangle in the ratio of 5:8 composed of three equal horizontal
They clearly say in the law: 5:8, but then show in the proof sheet a completely different dimensions.
Chrystian Kretowicz, 15 Nov 2008