This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Płoskinia rural district (Poland)

Braniewo county, Warmińsko-Mazurskie voivodship

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: ploskinia |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Płoskinia flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 12 Nov 2008
adopted 18 Jun 2003 See also:

Płoskinia rural district flag

Płoskinia -rural commune, Braniewo County, Warmińsko-mazurskie Voivodship - German name: Plasswich.
Gmina Płoskinia is a rural gmina (commune) in Braniewo County, Warmian-Masurian Voivodship, in northern Poland. Its seat is the village of Płoskinia, which lies approximately 15 kilometres (9 mi) south-east of Braniewo and 66 km (41 mi) north-west of the regional capital Olsztyn.
Area: 172.05 (66.4 sq.mi); Population: 2,707 (2006).
First mentioned in 1301 as Scolyten (Prusian name) Established as a village of Warmia Bisphoric in 1305.
Suffered severe damage during the Polish-Swedish War of 1626-29.

Arms and flag adopted on June 18, 2003 (resolution # VI/39/2003).
"Arms: shield divided vertically into two parts.
On the left field golden wheat stalk on green
On the right field a black half of the bull's head with a ring in the nostril and horn in gold, and on blue background.

Flag: rectangular piece of cloth in colors green and blue divided by a narrow stripe in color yellow.
The Arms of the commune are placed in the middle of the flag."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 12 Nov 2008

Płoskinia Coat of Arms

[Płoskinia coat of arms] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 12 Nov 2008
adopted 18 Jun 2003