This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Czarnków rural district (Poland)

Czarnków-Trzcianka county, Wielkopolskie voivodship

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: czarnkow |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors





[Czarnkow rural district flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 16 Nov 2008
adopted 10 Jun 1998 See also:
.

Czarnków rural district flag

Czarnków - rural commune, Czarnków-Trzcianka County, Wielkopolskie Voivodship - German name: Scharnikau.
Gmina Czarnków is a rural gmina (commune) in Czarnków-Trzcianka County, Greater Poland Voivodship, in west-central Poland. Its seat is the town of  Czarnków, although the town is not part of the territory of the commune.
Area: 347.78 sq.km (134.3 sq.mi); Population: 10,887 (2006).

The commune lies on the Noteć river. Because there are many hills around there, the area is called Szwajcaria Czarnkowska ("Czarnków's Switzerland").
From 1772-1919 the area belonged to the Kingdom of Prussia and Imperial Germany.

Arms and flag adopted on June 10, 1998 (resolution # XXXIV/310/98),
"Arms: shield divided horizontally into two parts. On the upper, gold field there is an oak tree with eight larger branches and two smaller ones in green color. It has five acorns of red color. Lower, red field features a noble Coat of Arms "Nałęcz" - an intertwined kerchief, shaped into a ring and tied at the bottom - of white color.

Flag: on the yellow field a red triangle with the apex down on which the tied, intertwined white kerchief shaped into the ring is placed centrally.
The base of the triangle is the upper side of the flag's rectangle.
The apex reaches the middle of the lower side of the flag's rectangle.
Proportions of the flag are 1: 1,6."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 16 Nov 2008


Czarnków rural district Coat of Arms

[Czarnkow rural district Coat of Arms] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 16 Nov 2008
adopted 10 Jun 1998