This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Oborniki commune (Poland)

Oborniki County, Wielkopolskie vojvodship

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: oborniki |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors





[Oborniki city flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 20 Nov 2008
adopted 27 Feb 2003 See also:

Oborniki city and commune flag

Oborniki - urban-rural commune, Oborniki County, Wielkopolskie Voivodship.
Gmina Oborniki is an urban-rural gmina (commune) in Oborniki County, Greater Poland Voivodship, in west-central Poland. Its seat is the town of Oborniki, which lies approximately 29 kilometres (18 mi) north of the regional capital Poznań.
Area: 340.16 sq.km (131.3 sq.mi); Population: 31,541 (2006).

First mentioned in 1339- city rights (Magdeburg law)
1458 - the city sends 15 infantrymen to fight the Teutonic Knights
1918 -  (December 26) Ignace Paderewski returned from exile - welcomed at the rail terminal.
1919 -  (January 4) - official return of the city to Poland
1939 - (September 18) - beginning of the Nazi occupation
1945 - (January 24-25) - liberation by Soviet and Polish troops.
1989 - (June 4) - first democratic election for the local self-government

Arms and flag adopted on February 27, 2003 (resolution # VII/47/03).
"Arms: white eagle of the Piasts, uncrowned, on the red shield, turned to the right.
Flag: rectangle composed of three unequal vertical bands: white-red-white.
On the middle,wide red band the eagle from the Arms is placed.
The red band takes 1/2 of the length of the flag, the white, side bands, are 1/4 of the length of the flag each.
Overall ratio of the flag is 5:8."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 20 Nov 2008


Oborniki city Coat of Arms

[Oborniki city Coat of Arms] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 20 Nov 2008
adopted 27 Feb 2003