Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: resko |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
First mentioned in 1255.
City rights in 1277 (Lübeck law)
1648 - included in Brandenburg
1945 - conquered by the Soviet Red Army, administration transferred to Poland 60% of the city destroyed.
Arms and flag adopted on May 17, 1996 (resolution # XIX/143/96).
"Arms: on the gold shield a green tree of seven branches and leaves.
The tree raises from the river waves, symbolic of the local River Rega.
The Arms are known since XIIIth Century.
Flag: rectangular piece of cloth in the ratio 5:8 composed of two equal
horizontal bands: yellow over blue. In the left upper corner of the yellow
band the Arms are displayed."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 28 Nov 2008