This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Companhia Colonial de Navegação (shipping company, Portugal)

Last modified: 2014-12-24 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: c.c.n. | companhia colonial de navegação |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[CCN house flag]
2:3 image by James Dignan, 15 Oct 2003
2:3 image by António Martins-Tuválkin, 24 Aug 2008

See also:

House flag

Green over white over green horizontal triband with dotted green inscription "C.C.N." on the white stripe. As shown in The dumpy book of ships and the sea
Sources: Sampson 1957 (left image), photos provided by Jan Mertens (right image)
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 27 Dec 2014


[CCN pennant (PT)] 2:3 image by António Martins-Tuválkin, 24 Aug 2008

Pennant, horiziontally divided green-white-green and a green horizontal panel near the hoist (most of this panel - but not all - consisting of the sleeve); over all, also near the hoist, the company emblem. Said emblem is the waving house flag placed on a yellow steering wheel with eight spokes bearing the company initials 'C.C.N.' on the upper rim and company seat 'LISBOA' (Lissabon) on the lower one. Of course this may have been a mere publicity pennant.
Sources: eBay no. 110169246390 (end 16 Sep 2007), this photo and this postcard
Jan Mertens, 2 June 2008

Logo detail

[CCN logo detail (PT)] 2:3 image by António Martins-Tuválkin, 24 Aug 2008

About the company

The Colonial of Navigation Company - CCN - was created in 1922 by Sociedade Agrícola de Ganda, Companhia do Amboim de Angola and Ed. Guedes Lda to operate maritime links between the mother country and its colonies, especially the African.
In February 1974, the CCN joined the Companhia Insulana de Navegação to form Companhia Portuguesa de Transport Maritime (CPTM).
Jan Mertens, 2 June 2008

back to Portuguese shipping companies main page click here