Last modified: 2014-06-01 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: podolsk |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Podolsk, city in Russia. Podolsk lies in central Russia near Moscow (approximately 40 km), upon Pakhra river; it is the largest city of Moscow oblast (about 180 000 people) and industrial center. Village, famous for mining of marble, was declared as town in 1781, at XIX century it became important for production of cement and for factory Singer (sewing machines). Duiring last time, it has great value for local nucelar research. Recently it was known as a seat of hockey club Vityaz Podolsk, which nowadays plays in Chekhov. There is also remarkable Church of Saint Trinity from 1832 year. Famous Russian heraldist, scandinavist and writer Wiliam Pokhlebkin lived in Podolsk.
Flag of Podolsk has two strips: thin (1/5) red strip above and azure
blue strip with two golden gads. Red is for energy and also reminds
Podmoskovie region, blue is for good will (kindness) and gad symbolise
stonecutting tradition. Flag was designed by Konstantin Mochenov,
Kirill Perekhodenko and Galina Rusanova and it was adopted at 2006.
Flag is based on CoA (adopted 1883), which is blue with two crossed
gads and red canton with Moscow arms (figure of Saint George).
Jakub Grombíř, 12 Feb 2009