Last modified: 2010-11-06 by ivan sache
Keywords: ajdovscina | waves: 3 (green) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Municipal flag of Ajdovščina, in different prescribed layouts and sizes - Images by Željko Heimer, 11 January 2009
The flag of Ajdovščina is not official, only the emblem shown on the flag having been officially adopted.
A document available on the municipal website prescribes the flag, always to be displayed vertically, with 1:2 proportions. However, the document shows also flags with 1:3 and 2:7 proportions, and with different layout and sizes, as follows:
- Table flag: 120mm x 240 mm, the emblem 50 mm in width, placed 35 mm from the flag bottom, the flag background pattern 20 mm in diagonal length;
- Outdoors flag: 750 mm x 1500 mm, the emblem 400 mm in width, placed 175 from the flag bottom, the flag background pattern 150 mm in diagonal length;
- Outdoors flag: 1000 x 2000 mm, the emblem 600 mm in width, placed 200 from the flag bottom, the flag background pattern 150 mm in diagonal length;
- Outdoors flag: 1000 mm x 3000 mm, the emblem 600 mm in width, placed 290 from the flag bottom, the flag background pattern 150 mm in diagonal length;
- Outdoors flag: 1000 mm x 3500 mm, the emblem 600 mm in width, placed 290 from the flag bottom, the flag background pattern 150 mm in diagonal length.
Željko Heimer, 24 June 2010
Emblem of Ajdovščina - Image by Željko Heimer,24 June 2010
The emblem of Ajdovščina is prescribed by Decision Odlok o znaku Občine Ajdovščina (text), adopted on 20 November 1990 and published on 28 December 1990 in the local official gazette Uradno glasilo občin Ajdovščina, Nova gorica in Tolmin 12/1990.
A document available on the municipal website shows
the coat of arms in two versions - labelled "primary" and "secondary" -, the primary version having black outline and writing while the secondary version has silver outline and writing.
The colours are prescribed as follows:
- Light green: Pantone 362 100 % / CMYK 76-0-100-11;
- Green: Pantone 362 70 % / CMYK 53-0-70-8;
- Dark green: Pantone 362 40 % / CMYK 30-0-40-4;
- Black: Pantone black 100 % / CMYK 0-0-0-100;
- Silver: Pantone 877 100 %;
- Gray (to be avoided, replacement for silver): Pantone Cool Gray 6 100 % / CMYK 0-0-0-38;
- White: Pantone Trans. White.
The Decision prescribes that "Republika Slovenija" shall be written above the emblem; however, this inscription is not shown in the aforementioned document and seems to be never used in practice.
Stanič & Jakopič [j2s05] write that the emblem symbolizes the antiquity of the town. The ruins represent the Roman town Ad Fluvium Frigidum (At the Cold River). The green waves represent the north-eastern wind (burja) and the fertility of the valley.
The shades of green are given, using the HKS system, as:
- Light green: 67K;
- Green: 65K;
- Dark green: 64K.
Željko Heimer, 24 June 2010