Last modified: 2017-07-16 by ivan sache
Keywords: destrnik | destrnik - trnovska vas |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Destrnik, horizontal and vertical versions - Images by Željko Heimer, 6 January 2006
The municipality of Destrnik (2,569 inhabitants in 2016; 3,440 ha) was formed in 1998 by the division of the former municipality of Destrnik - Trnovska vas into three new municipalities: Drestnik, Trnovska vas, and Sveti Andraž v Slovenskih goricah.
Željko Heimer, 6 February 2017
The flag and arms of Destrnik are prescribed by Decision Odlok o uporabi grba in zastave Občine Destrnik (text), adopted on 10 May 1999 by the Municipal Council and published on 28 May 2009 in the official municipal gazette Uradni vestnik Občine Destrnik, No. 4.
Decision Odlok o spremembah odluka o uporabi grba in zastave Občine Destrnik (text), adopted on 12 December 2003 by the Municipal Council and published on 17 December 2003 in Uradni vestnik Občine Destrnik, No. 8, amends the legal prescriptions.
The symbols were inaugurated during the celebration of the first Municipal Day in Destrnik, held on 4 July 1999.
The central events on the celebration of the Destrnik municipality day started with the Sunday mass that was followed by a celebration. After the speech delivered by Mayor Franc Puksič, the new flag of Destrnik was hoisted for the first time, and the new coat of arms was presented. The new yellow-green flag was also given to the chairmen of all local councils, and the flags were hoisted on that day throughout the municipality. As a part of the celebrations the municipality awards were also presented.
[Tednik, 8 July 1999]
The flag is in proportions 2:5, horizontally divided yellow-green with the municipal coat of arms set in the yellow stripe near the hoist. The height of the coat of arms is 35% of the flag width; the coat of arms is centered on the line matching the first fifth of the length of the flag. The border around the coat of arms shall be 1/85 of the height of the coat of arms.
The colours are prescribed as:
Yellow HKS 3 Green HKS 65 Red HKS 13
For the vertical display, a slightly different flag is used, with the coat of arms contered in the flag and rotated accordingly. Stanič & Jakopič [j2s05] report that the vertical flag is used along the roads at the entrance of the municipality.
Željko Heimer, 4 November 2012
Coat of arms of Destrnik - Image by Željko Heimer, 6 January 2006
The coat of arms of Destrnik is "Or on a base vert a village argent roofed gules".
Stanič & Jakopič [j2s05] explain that the church shown on the coat of arms is the St. Urban church, built in 1518 on the site of a previous chapel devoted to the same saint and already mentioned in 1100. The late Romanesque church was baroquized in 1768 and added to it in 1888. The place, still known as Sveti Urban in the 18th century, was an important center of culture.
Željko Heimer, 6 January 2006
Flag and arms of Destrnik - Trnovska vas (reconstructions) - Images by Željko Heimer, 6 February 2017
Formed in 1995, the municipality of Destrnik - Trnovska vas split in 1996 into the three municipalities of Destrnik, Trnovska vas and Sveti Andraž v Slovenskih goricah - note the similar style of their current symbols. The municipality of Destrnik-Trnovska vas adopted symbols shortly prior to the dissolution, by Decision Odlok o uporabi grba in zastave Občine Destrnik - Trnovska vas (text), adopted on 24 October 1997 by the Municipal Council and published on 25 November 1997 in the official municipal gazette Uradni vestnik Občine Destrnik - Trnovska vas, No. 11.
The Municipal Council adopted the symbols designed by Danilo Muršec from Trnovska vas. Some councillors, however,
thought that it was beside the point, since the decision to start the process of split of the municipality was adopted at the same time.
The symbols, electronically polished by the Občan editorial staff, were inaugurated during the celebration of the Municipality Day.
The flag is described to have four stripes, the first and fourth yellow and the second and third green. As it may be seen from the photos in another article, it seems that two shades of green were used for the stripes.
The arms are decribed as based in a shield shape. Central colours are yellow-golden and green. In the central part are three green stripes, symbolizing the three local communities and the region of Slovenske gorice, as well. The three wheat ears have two meaninigs: the main product of the region and the three local communitities. The bunch of grapes stands for wine production; in base, the wheel stands for general and technical advances.
[Tednik, 30 October 1997, 27 November 1997, 4 December 1997]
Željko Heimer, 6 February 2017