Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: lipany |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Lipany is northwest of Sabinov on the upper flow of Torysa river. The
settlement was called Seven Linden Trees (Septem Tiliis) in the oldest
document (1312). German guests settled here at the end of the 13th century.
At the beginning of the 15th century, it is mentioned as a
servitude village (oppidum). The first records about the school
and its teacher go back to the end of the 16th century.
Jarig Bakker. 29 Dec 2000