This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Chrenovec-Brusno (Slovakia)

Prievidza okres, Trenčín region

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: chrenovec-brusno |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Chrenovec-Brusno flag] image by Gunnar Staack, 6 June 2000
adopted 1994 See also:

Chrenovec-Brusno flag

Chrenovec-Brusno was three villages: Chrenovec (Hungarian: Chrenóc; 1913: Nyitratormás); Brusno (Hungarian: Brusznó; 1913 Nyitraborosznó); and Lipník (Hungarian: Lipnik; 1913 Hársas). The villages were Slovakian settlements in the Nyitra (in Slovakian Nitra) County of the Kingdom of Hungary till 1918/1920 (Declaration of Martin / Treaty of Trianon). 1920-1938 part of Czechoslovakia, 1939-1945 part of Slovakia, and 1945-1992 part of Czechoslovakia.
István Molnár, 29 Jun 2000

Chrenovec-Brusno Coat of Arms

[Chrenovec-Brusno Coat of Arms] image from Ralf Hartemink's site.

These are the patron saints of Chrenovec (the Archangel Michael) and Brusno (the Holy Virgin Marie)