This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Piešťany city (Slovakia)

Piešťany okres, Trnava region

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: piestany |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




See also:

Piešťany flag

Piestany flag submitted through Rob Raeside, 27 July 1999

Piešťany (Hungarian: Pöstyén; German: Bad Pistyan had 33.176 inhabitants (1990 census). In 1910: 7.379 inhabitants (70,9% Slovakian, 19,5% Hungarian and 8,0% German). The town was in Nyitra (in Slovakian Nitra) County of the Kingdom of Hungary till 1918/1920 (Declaration of Turcianske Svätý Martin (now Martin) / Treaty of Trianon). 1920-1938 part of Czechoslovakia, 1939-1945 part of Slovakia, and 1945-1992 part of Czechoslovakia. Here is a world famous spa (warm water 67° C).
István Molnár, 29 Jun 2000


Piešťany Coat of Arms

Piestany Coat of Arms from http://www.tatrahome.sk/revue/erby/ . (!Link does not work any more!)