Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: velke orviste |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
This municipality in Piešťany district is c. 70 km NE of Bratislava.
This is probably one of the first municipality flags, referring to a Coat of Arms
from 1780/90, in which St. Hubert is portrayed adoring a deer with a cross
on its head between the antlers.
Jarig Bakker, 11 Jan 2001
Veľké Orvište (Hungarian: Nagyőrvistye) was a Slovakian village in Pöstyén
(Slovakian Piešťany) district of Nyitra (Slovakian: Nitra) county of Hungary
till 1918/1920 (Declaration of Martin). 1920-1938 Czechoslovakian, 1939-1945
Slovakian, and 1945-1992 Czechoslovakian.
István Molnár, 13 Jan 2001