This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Chminianska Nová Ves, Slovakia

Prešov okres, Prešov region

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: chminianska nova ves |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors





[flag of Chminianska Nova Vés] by Gunnar Staack, 12 June 2000
adopted 22 Jan 1993 See also:

Flag of Chminianska Nová Ves

Chminianske Nová Ves (Hungarian: Szinyeújfalu) has 994 inhabitants (1990 census). The village was a Slovakian settlement in the Sáros (in Slovakian Šariš) County of the Kingdom of Hungary to 1918/1920 (Declaration of Martin / Treaty of Trianon). 1920-1938 part of Czechoslovakia, 1939-1945 part of Slovakia, and 1945-1992 part of Czechoslovakia. In the village Baroque mansion was born Pál Szinyei Merse (1845-1920), the great Hungarian impressionist painter.
István Molnár, 23 Jun 2000

Coat of Arms of Chminianska Nová Ves

[Coat of Arms of Chminianska Nova Vés] image from this webpage, based on a seal dated 1786.