This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Topoľčianky (Slovakia)

Zlaté Moravce okres, Nitra region

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: topolcianky |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See also:



Topoľčianky municipality flag

[Topol'cianky flag] by Jozef Skvarenina, 15 Nov 2002

The first written mention about Topoľčianky originates from the year 1293. Village is a former royal estate. In the year 1307 king Béla IV had donated Topoľčianky to some Haslov, the ancestor of lords who have been living here in the era of feudalism in Topoľčianky and dominating here for many years. When the regional seat Starý Tekov was threatened by Turks (1561), seat of the region had been moved to Topoľčianky, which it remained till 1723, when it was moved to Zlaté Moravce. The settlement has now 2923 inhabitants.
Information from Tourist Channel.
Jarig Bakker, 3 Oct 2001


Topoľčianky Coat of Arms

[Topol'cianky Coat of Arms] by Jozef Skvarenina, 15 Nov 2002

According to the imprint of sealer of municipality from 19th century, adopted: 25 Jun.1992, No. OZ -uzn./1992, HR: T-16/92
Jozef Skvarenina, 15 Nov 2002