This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Tuva in the Soviet Union, 1944-1992

Last modified: 2013-12-07 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: tuvinian assr | tyva assr | tuvinskaâ assr | tybnhckar accp | hammer and sickle (yellow) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



Flag of Tuva 1978
image by Dave Martucci, 15 Mar 1998
See also:

Historical Flags of Tuva

USSR absorbs TPR, which became an autonomous region of the RSFSR 11 October 1944. Local flags and arms abolished.
Dave Martucci, 15 Mar 1998

According to “State Flags and Coats of Arms of Tuva” by Prof. V.A. Sokolov [sol83a], which appeared in the Flag Bulletin, [tfb] issue 100 (May-Aug. 1983), there were seven flags used between 1921 and 1944, although only five were legally adopted. Add to that the two ASSR Flags and the present flag, making 10 flags in all since 1921.
Dave Martucci, 15 Mar 1998


Tuvinian ASSR State Flag, 1961-1978

Flag of Tuva 1961
image by Dave Martucci, 15 Mar 1998

Tuvinian ASSR established 10 October 1961; on 10 January 1962 the Law on the Coat of Arms, Flag, and Capital of the Republic passed. Flag of RSFSR with Russian cyrillic inscription ("Tuvinian ASSR") in gold letters.
Dave Martucci, 15 Mar 1998


Tuvinian ASSR State Flag, 1978-1992

Flag of Tuva 1978
image by Dave Martucci, 15 Mar 1998

State flag changed 10 November 1978 by addition of inscription in Tuvinian language ("Tuva ASSR") as well as in Russian.
Dave Martucci, 15 Mar 1998