This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Ukraine Railways

Ukrzaliznytsya

Last modified: 2016-11-14 by andrew weeks
Keywords: ukraine railways |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



Укрзалізниця

[Ukraine Railways flag] Randy Young, 20 Feb 2016

The flag of the Ukrainian Railways is a horizontal blue flag with the logo UZ (УЗ in Ukrainian) in gold in the middle, surrounded by 7 golden stars (probably for each of its main Branches which were 6, plus an additional one for heritage or lineage reasons) as seen here and here. (source)

Its current formal name is The State Administration of Railway Transport of Ukraine, more commonly PJSC "Ukrzaliznytsia" (Public Joint Stock Company “Ukrainian Railways”) (coloquially known Ukrzaliznytsia, Ukrainian: Укрзалізниця, after its effective unification of its branches on December 1, 2015). The full incorporation of all the other companies should be by 2020. Some of the other companies (21 in total) in this public conglomerate are of a wide variety of ranges, from IT, to repair shops, concrete plants, logistics, etc.

The railways were split by Decree No. 356 of December 14, 1991 by the Rada (Ukrainian Parliament) into six territorial railway companies (semi independent), each having their own directorates, located in the following cities:


Esteban Rivera, 20 Feb 2016


Lviv Railways (Львівська залізниця)

[Lviv Railways flag] Randy Young, 20 Feb 2016

Lviv Railways (abbreviated as LZ) (Ukrainian: Львівська залізниця), based in Lviv The flag is a horizontal blue flag with the number 1861 and an old locomotive inside the wings, as part of the logo ) in yellow outline, as seen here: here. (source:) (the original source for the image is: here).

Lviv Railways is a territorial branch company of Ukrainian Railways (Ukrzaliznytsia) headquartered in Lviv. It traces its roots back to the first railway line built in the current territory of Ukraine, (which) was the Przemyśl - Lviv line, which was part of the connection from Kraków. The line was constructed by k.k. priv. Galizische Carl Ludwig-Bahn which later became nationalised by the Imperial (Royal) Austrian State Railways It was built in 1861 under the initiative of Leon Sapieha, and was 98 kilometres long.
Esteban Rivera, 20 Feb 2016