This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Ordzhonikidze (Dnepropetrovs'k, Ukraine)

Last modified: 2011-03-19 by andrew weeks
Keywords: dnepropetrovsk | ordzhonikidze |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



Орджонікідзе


from Ukrainian Heraldry site



See also:


The Gonfalon

From Ukrainian Heraldry site:
"It was confirmed at 07.02.2003 by solution N4 of XIII city session council of 24 convocation. The squadron panel is divided by wavy white vertical line on the green and purple fields in ratio 1:2."
Dov Gutterman, 1 July 2004


Coat of Arms


from Ukrainian Heraldry site

From Ukrainian Heraldry site:
"It was confirmed at 07.02.2003 by solution N4 of XIII city session council of 24 convocation. The shield per fess by wavy indented argent barrulet on vert and purple. In the first part are three or triangulars; in the second - or scythian jewelry. The shield enframed by or cartouche and crowned by argent urban crown with three prongs."
Dov Gutterman, 1 July 2004


The City

From Ukrainian Heraldry site:
"The settlement existed in scythian times. At 1971 in the tomb was found famous scythian jewelry. More than three hundred years ago there were Bazavluts'ka and Chortomlyts'ka Cossack Siches. The reason of sity appearing in 1956 is manganese deposit.".
Dov Gutterman, 1 July 2004