This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Zaporizhia (Zaporizhia, Ukraine)

Last modified: 2014-09-27 by andrew weeks
Keywords: zapoorizhia |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



Запоріжжя

(2:3)
from Wikipedia



See also:


The Flag

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"There is crimson rectangular panel with side ratio as 2:3 and city emblem in the center."
Dov Gutterman, 18 July 2003


Coat of Arms


from the site of Ukrainian Heraldry

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"The shield per fess by vert and crimson. In the first part are two crossed cossack muskets. In the second part is sable bow with three arrows down. The shield is edged by or cartouche and crowned by or Dniproges electric power station."
Dov Gutterman, 18 July 2003


The City

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"The town is situated on the banks of the Dnipro where place the river is divided by the Khortytsia island. The territory of that town was inhabited in the Scythian days. During XV-XVI centuries real masters of the land behind the Dnipro rapids were Zaporozhian Cossacks. In 1775 tsarina Catherine ordered to destroy Zaporozhian Sich. The formation of the town Olexandrivsk On the territory of Sich was connected with the constructing the Dnipro fortification."
Dov Gutterman, 18 July 2003