Last modified: 2020-06-20 by rick wyatt
Keywords: flynn township | michigan | sanilac county |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Masao Okazaki, 23 April 2020
The flag is navy blue with a farm scene encased between two golden laurel
Valentin Poposki, 17 February 2020
The flag was adopted in October 2019.
Masao Okazaki, 23 April 2020
Before the Organization, which took place in 1869, Flynn was attached to Elk
Township. The Township was named for Thomas Flynn, who was one of the first
settlers, and the first Supervisor. William Fitch was the first settler,
stopping on section 36 in 1857. William Flynn came about one year later, and
soon after they were joined by William McGregor and R. J. Nicholl. The first
school-house in the Township was a frame built in 1869, at Omard. The rest of
this village consisted of the Post Office.
About the time the Township was organized a Methodist Church was also established, but no building was erected, the services were held in the school-house at Omard.
Township official website
The source is dated October but the flag was adopted in September.
"The Flynn Township Board has adopted a resolution declaring this design as the township’s official flag. Officials contacted the Sanilac Career Center’s graphics department for ideas and chose the design created by Peck student Madison Bezemek with finishing details supplied by Croswell-Lexington student Erica Collins. The resolution adopted on Sept. 10 is part of the township’s 150th anniversary celebration"
The Brown City Banner, 28 October 2019
"Motion by K. Wilson seconded by B. Brown to adopt official Township flag by Resolution #20190910. Approved
Roll Call Vote taken: Yes – 5 , No – 0."
Flynn Township Regular Meeting (Minutes) - September 10th 2019
Ivan Sache, 23 April 2020