Last modified: 2018-08-07 by rick wyatt
Keywords: washoe county | nevada |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image provided by Vicki Streeter and James Ferrigan III, 12 February 2007
- indicates flag is known.
- indicates it is reported that there is no known flag.
Municipal flags in Washoe County:
Washoe County Code, Chapter 5 - Administration and Personnel
5.013 County flag: Creation; design and colors.
The official flag of Washoe County, designed by Dorothy Stafford in 1963, is hereby created. The official flag is composed of the following colors, with the following lettering and devices thereon:
1. The fringe and the words "State of Nevada" are of gold color.
2. The body of the flag excluding the county seal is of celadon green color.
3. The exterior ring of the county seal is of light green color.
4. The trim within the exterior ring of the county seal is of silver color.
5. The words and numbers "Washoe County November 1861" are of silver color.
6. The sky and water are of blue color.
7. The top of the mountain, the snow and the walls of Bowers Mansion are of white color.
8. The vegetation is of dark green color.
9. The roof of Bowers Mansion, the tepees and natural relief are of dark brown color
[63-649; 63-657; 63-771; 63-822; 63-843; 64-68]"
The wording "the country seal" in this case apparently refers to the specific seal shown in the flag, as the same chapter contains the decision that adopted "a county seal for Washoe County", which is quite different from the one shown in the flag.
Peter Hans van den Muijzenberg, 21 November 2011
image located by Paul Bassinson, 26 July 2018
Paul Bassinson, 26 July 2018