Last modified: 2015-08-21 by rick wyatt
Keywords: adelphia yacht club | united states yacht club | pennsylvania |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Peter Hans van den Muijzenberg, 7 May 2015
Lloyd's Register of American Yachts 1917 lists the Adelphia Yacht Club, organised and incorporated in 1913; station: Lemon Hill Mansion, Fairmount Park, Philadelphia, Schuylkill River. In the Philadelphia Inquirer of 25 January 1920,
the club is described as a rather small organization as to numbers, whose moorings are at the old boathouse float just above Fairmount Dam. In 1929 the club is still listed in Lloyd's; in 1963 it no longer is. [Further mentions on the Internet turned out to be about the "Phil-adelphia Yacht Club"; not the exact same thing.]
Lloyd's shows a white burgee with a narrow red border, with in the field a red monogram AYC.
Peter Hans van den Muijzenberg, 7 May 2015