Last modified: 2020-01-04 by rick wyatt
Keywords: marco island yacht club | united states yacht club | florida |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Rob Raeside, 16 May 2019
Estb: 2001. Location: 1400 N Collier Blvd, Marco Island.
Burgee: Pennant circa 7:15 (web image). White field charged with two equilateral triangles equally based on hoist (sides 7 units), upper triangle red and lower blue; also with the letters MIYC horizontally towards fly point.
"The Marco Island Yacht Club has roots that go back to the 1960s, when a small, one-story wooden clubhouse was built on the site we now occupy. . . . However, in the 1980s, the wooden clubhouse burned to the ground. . . Eventually, the site was purchased by Jack Antaramian. He completed our current Clubhouse in 1998 and established the Marco Island Yacht and Sailing Club (MIYSC) as part of his own development ventures. In 2001, he decided to sell the Club. . . . A group of interested boaters very quickly put together a consortium to purchase the MIYSC. . . . , and in the fall of 2001 the Marco Island Yacht Club was born.”
Source: accessed 7 May 2019,
Peter Edwards, 16 May 2019