This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Savin Hill Yacht Club (U.S.)


Last modified: 2011-07-09 by rick wyatt
Keywords: savin hill yacht club | united states yacht club | massachusetts |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Savin Hill Yacht Club] image by Ivan Sache, 20 July 2010

See also:

Savin Hill Yacht Club

The Savin Hill Yacht Club (SHYC) was founded in early summer 1875, as the Savin Hill Beach Association. The club was chartered on 10 October 1888 under its present name. The club is named for a scenic hill renamed Savin Hill by Jospeh Tuttle, who operated a summer hotel in the area and took the name from the red cedar trees that formerly covered the rocky eminence.

The burgee of the SHYC, as shown graphically on the club's website, is red with two white triangles placed along the hoist, each charged with a blue star.

Ivan Sache, 20 July 2010