This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Colombia - Education Institutes Flags (A) - Part 5

Last modified: 2020-09-12 by rob raeside
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See also:

Other Institutions:


Ana Francisca Lara, Institución Educativa Técnico Comercial

image by Ivan Sache, 27 November 2014

Institución Educativa Técnico Comercial Ana Francisca Lara is located in Pacho (Cundinamarca Department).
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided orange-white-blue. Orange is the colour of burning fire and of protection. It can mean jubilation, feast, elation, pleasure, dawn and presence of the sun, creativity, interest and unimaginable objective. White is the diffusing light. It conveys an idea of innocence, divinity, absolute stability, calm, and harmony of good thoughts and clear feelings. Blue is a reserved colour that reflects immensity and deepness. It can express confidence, reserve, harmony, affect, fidelity and love, stability, spiritual resources and approach of beliefs.
Source: http://comercialprimariaanafranciscalara.blogspot.fr/ - Institute's blog
Ivan Sache, 27 November 2014


Andes, Colegio Inglés de los

image by Ivan Sache, 8 January 2004

Colegio Inglés de los Andes was established in 1987 in Cali (Valle Department) by the FINDEC foundation, as a Spanish-English bilingual institute. The management of the institute was transferred in 1990 to the Corporación de Padres de Familia "Colegio Inglés de Los Andes", set up by the student's parents.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided light blue-white-light blue.
Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20040309123026/http://www.voluntad.com.co/voluntad/colegios/cdd0766/EMBLEMA.htm
Note: Colegio Inglés de los Andes does not seem to be connected with Liceo de los Andes, also located in Cali, except by the name and flag.
Ivan Sache, 29 July 2014


Andes, Universidad de los

current flag
image by Zoltan Horvath, 29 November 2015

old flag
image by Zoltan Horvath, 29 November 2015

"Universidad de los Andes (known alternatively as Uniandes) was established on November 16, 1948. It was the first Colombian university established as nonsectarian (independent from any political party or religious institution)."
Sources: http://www.uniandes.edu.co/institucional/informacion-general/historia and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Los_Andes_(Colombia) 

The current flag is the current logo on a yellow horizontal flag, as seen outside the building of their alumni main offices in Bogotá (I spotted this flag myself two days ago while being there). Also, the flag can bee seen outside one of its main buildings in the faculty (third flag from left to right).
The old flag was the old logo displaying the university colors yellow (on top) and black (on bottom), in an equally horizontally divided flag with the new logo in the middle as seen here (first flag from left to right) (plain yellow with symbol)
Source: http://aso.uniandinos.org.co/sede_nacional_servicios_detalle.php?id=17
This logo was designed in the 1950's by Sergio Trujillo Magnenat in which the Coat of Arms has a cypress tree inside, while the current logo is a stylized version of the old one in which the Coat of Arms merges with the tree.
Source: http://www.uniandes.edu.co/institucional/informacion-general/identidad-institucional

For additional information on the logo and its use please refer to the corporate image manual (page 6 with the explanation of the symbols):
To download current logo go to: http://www.uniandes.edu.co/institucional/informacion-general/logosimbolos
For additional information please go to: Universidad de los Andes (official website)
Esteban Rivera, 28 November 2015

Alumni Flags

image by Zoltan Horvath, 29 November 2015

image by Zoltan Horvath, 29 November 2015

The University also has its alumni section, called "Asociación de Egresados de la Universidad de los Andes" (Association of Universidad de los Andes Alumni), or more commonly known as "Uniandinos". It was established in 1955 as "Asociación de Ex Alumnos de la Universidad de los Andes" (Association of former students of Universidad de los Andes) "Aexandes".
Source: http://www.uniandinos.org.co/web/guest/inicio/-/journal_content/56/10197/14750
It also has its own flag, and it is a yellow horizontal flag displaying the University's mascot (a goat called Seneca, in honor of the Roman Stoic philosopher, which was a goat that used to wander the University campus back in the 1940s) on the logo as seen here (second flag from left to right).
Source: https://www.facebook.com/uniandinos/photos ).
The flag can also be seen here (third flag from left to right, outside their main office).
Source: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/30253101
To download logos go to: http://aso.uniandinos.org.co/logo/inicio.html
For additional information on the logo and its use please refer to the corporate image manual.
For additional information please go to: Uniandinos (official website)
Esteban Rivera, 28 November 2015

I created two versions of alumni association based on photos available here.
Zoltan Horvath, 29 November 2015


Andino Bilingüe, Colegio

image by Ivan Sache, 31 July 2014

"Colegio Andino Bilingüe", located in San José de Cúcuta, Department of Norte del Santander, was recognized by the Department of Norte del Santander on 30 November 1998 (Decree No. 2935).
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the website of the institute, is green with the emblem of the institute, outlined in white and surmonting the white writing ANDINO BILINGüE / SCHOOL.
Green represents life transmitted by the Andine region.
White represents unity and fraternity.
The emblem of the institute shows in the middle a circle representing the students, charged with a star representing the educational values of the institute. The dominant green colour of the emblem represents the natural environment of the institute. The upper part of the emblem is made of the upper part of an ellipse, in yellow, representing the sun, excellence and knowledge. The two green lateral parts have to be seen jointly, forming a heart, symbol of the human greatness, a main component of the philosophy of the institute.
Ivan Sache, 11 January 2004


Andino de la Santísima Trinidad, Institución Educativa Liceo

image by Ivan Sache, 13 September 2014

Institución Educativa Liceo Andino de la Santísima Trinidad originates in a boy's school established in Filandia (Quindío Department) on 24 June 1904 by Víctor A. Vélez and Ezequiel Patiño. In 1957, the municipal supervisor Manuel García Cárdenas named the school Escuela Felipe Meléndez, as a tribute to one of the founders of the municipality. In 1982, the girl's school Escuela Simón Bolívar, closed after a landslide, was merged with Escuela Felipe Meléndez. After the earthquake that hit Quindío on 25 January 1999, the school was transferred in 1999 to Liceo Andino (est. in 1961 by Carlos E. Restrepo, succeeding Colegio Santísima Trinidad, est. on 7 February 1937 by Father Antonio José Valencia Murillo); the re-building of the institute, funded by the Compartir foundation, from Bogotá, was managed by Edilma Inés Aguirre. Institución Educativa Liceo Andino de la Santísima Trinidad was eventually established by Decree No. 470 of 8 September 2002 as the merger of Liceo Andino de la Santísima Trinidad and of Escuela Felipe Meléndez.
Source: http://www.liceoandinost.edu.co/ - institute's website
The flag of the institute, designed by Father José Valencia Murillo, is white with the institute' emblem in the middle. White originally meant peace, transparency of the soul, and search for purity. Today, white means permanent search for perfection and excellence in all the dimensions of human being, to establish a better society based on social interaction, which is required to attain the peace aspired to by the country.
Source: http://www.liceoandinost.edu.co/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=94&Itemid=211 - Institute's website
The emblem of the institute was designed in 1989 by by the students of the 3.A class, chaired by Luis Orlando López López and Gonzalo Patiño. The emblem is inscribed with the ideals of the institute, "FE" (faith), "ESTUDIO" (Study), and SUPERACION (surpassing). In the upper right corner, the red cross is a symbol of faith; in the upper right corner, the book is a symbol of study and surpassing. In the lower part, the sun rising represents awakening to knowledge and love for study; the landscape highlights the majesty of Filandia.
Source: http://www.liceoandinost.edu.co/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=95&Itemid=212
Ivan Sache, 13 September 2014


Andrés Bello, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 14 June 2018

Institución Educativa Andrés Bello was established on 2 January 1998 in Bello (Antioquia) as the merger of Escuela Andrés Bello (est. 1946) and Liceo Bello (est. 1981 as Escuela Divina Eucaristía).
The institute is named after the humanist Andrés Bello (1781-1865), also a noted poet, philologist and lawmaker, credited of the Civic Code of Chile (1852, adopted in 1855 and subsequently adopted by Colombia and Ecuador), of the foundation of the University of Chile (1843), and of the first Spanish American Grammar (1847).
Source: IE Andrés Bello website

The flag of IE André Bello is horizontally divided blue-white-red-green.
Blue is symbol of tranquillity, intense calm and projection to the future.
White is a symbol of peace, honesty, unity, impartiality, freedom of speech and harmonious personal development.
Red is a symbol of affect, love and sincerity to be expressed by the institute, and of joy for living together peacefully and respectfully.
Green is a symbol of firm aspiration to the achievements of goals; it is also the symbol of the greenness of our mountains.
Source: IE Andrés Bello website
Ivan Sache, 14 June 2018


Andrés Bello, Institución Educativa Distrital

image by Ivan Sache, 8 July 2014

"Institución Educativa Distrital Andrés Bello" (IEDAB) was founded on 2 July 1953 (Decree No. 1719 of the Ministry of National Education) as "Colegio Nacional de Bachillerato Lucio Pabón Núñez". The name of the institute was changed to "Colegio Nacional de Bachillerato Sergio Arboleda" in 1957 (Decree No. 1052). "Instituto Nacional de Bachillerato Andrés Bello" was created on the same site on 9 February 1960 (Decree No. 437), followed by "Instituto José María Obando"  on 14 June 1973 (Decree No. 1164). On 29 August 1990 (Decree No. 1971), the three institutes were merged in a new institute, named "Colegio Nacional Andrés Bello" on 11 March 1991 (Decree No. 668). On 16 September 2002 (Decree No. 2853), "Colegio Nacional Andrés Bello" was merged with neighbouring "Centro Educativo Distrital José Joaquín Castro Martínez" to form "Institución Educativa Distrital Andrés Bello", eventually renamed "Institución Educativa Distrital Andrés Bello" on 25 September 2004 (Decree No. 4702).
The institute is named after the humanist Andrés Bello (1781-1865), also a noted poet, philologist and lawmaker, credited of the Civic Code of Chile (1852, adopted in 1855 and subsquently adopted by Colombia and Ecuador), of the foundation of the University of Chile (1843), and of the first Spanish American Grammar (1847).
The flag of IEDAB, as shown graphically and described on the website of the institute, is green with a white cross. The four quarters of the flag represent:
- the self-confidence of the members of the institute;
- the love for the institute;
- the love for the fatherland;
- the aspiration to knowledge and science.
http://fr.scribd.com/doc/68007668/PEI-ANDRES-BELLO - Institute's Constitution
Ivan Sache, 11 January 2009


Andrés Rosillo, Colegio

image by Ivan Sache, 1 September 2019

Colegio Andrés Rosillo is located in Gualoche, Bosa (Bogotá). The school was named for Andrés Rosillo (1758-1735), a priest and lawyer who supported the liberation struggle against the colonial authorities (see http://www.banrepcultural.org/biblioteca-virtual/credencial-historia/numero-213/andres-rosillo-un-revolucionario-inquietante for a detailed biography).

The flag of Colegio Andrés Rosillo is horizontally divided white-blue-steel gray. White is a symbol of purity, peace, confidence, modesty, sincerity and prosperity of the great men the school will educate for the village. Blue is a symbol of the infinite fields of knowledge and commitment to the construction of life quality for the society. Steel gray is a symbol of force, power, valiance, resistance, courage and justice required to walk on the harsh way of life.
http://horizonteinstitucionalcolcar.blogspot.com
School blog
Ivan Sache, 1 September 2019


Ángel Cuniberti, Institución Educativa (IEAC)

image by Ivan Sache, 05 July 2011

"Institución Educativa Ángel Cuniberti" (IEAC) was founded on 1 July 2003 in Curillo (Caquetá Department) by Decree No. 252. The institute is named for His Grace Ángel Cuniberti (b. 1921, Bishop of Florencia, 1961-1978), who visited Curillo on 2 February 1964 and donated on 28 March 1964 28 zinc sheets for the building of a new school (today a police station).
The flag of IEAC, as shown on a photo and described in the institute's website, is horizontally divided yellow-white-green with the emblem of the institute in the middle. Proportions seem to be 1:2. Yellow represents wealth. White represents peace, purity, integrity, transcendence and transparency. Green represents the vegetal resources and highlights our belonging to the Amazonian region. The flag shall be proudly hoisted together with the municipal and national tricolors in the national celebrations and in all institutional events, as a symbol of love and belonging to our institute.
Source: http://gildardomendozarojas.blogspot.com/2010/09/bandera.html

The emblem of IEAC was designed by teacher Fredy Espinosa Agudelo. The shield is divided in three parts. On top is shown an open book charged with a computer, a drum and a pair of maracas, representing technology, computer science and cultural diversity. In the middle are placed the interlaced letters "IEAC", the acronym of the institute. In the bottom is depicted a beautiful landscape crossed by a river symbolizing the water resources available in the municipality and the services supplied by the rivers. The scene is lit by a radiating sun symbolizing the horizon guiding our institute. The scene is flanked by two golden spikes representing the agricultural resources of our region; in the middle, a torch is the symbol of the sports skills of our students.
The shield is divided by two horizontal stripes, the upper charged with the word "CIENCIA" (Science) and the lower charged with the words "TECNOLOGÍA - VALORES" (Technology - Values). These words highlight the aspiration to teach people useful for the community and prepared to assimilate the scientific and technological advances required for creative development and fundamental investigation with respect for human dignity. The shield is placed over a scroll with the colors of the institute's flag.
Source: http://gildardomendozarojas.blogspot.com/2010/09/escudo.html>
Ivan Sache, 05 July 2011


Anglo Americano, Colegio

image by Ivan Sache, 17 October 2014

Colegio Anglo Americano was established on 9 February 1965 in Bogotá.
The flag of the institute is presented in the institute's Etiquette Guidebook as horizontally divided white-green with the institute's emblem. White is a symbol of peace and social interaction. Green is a symbol of spiritual and cultural resources. The emblem of the institute is a shield charged with the flags of Colombia and of the United Kingdom, crossed per saltire. The flag of Colombia represents the Americas, while the flag of the United Kingdom represents the English language. Above is a crown ensigned with a cross, meaning that the institute is secular with a Catholic orientation.
Source: http://72.167.37.19/comunidadvirtual/mconvivencia/Manual%20de%20Convivencia%202014.pdf
Ivan Sache, 17 October 2014


Anglocanadiense, Colegio

image by Ivan Sache, 17 July 2014

Colegio Anglocanadiense is located in Neiva (Huila Department).

The flag of the institute is made of the Union Jack [erroneous in several details] superimposed with the Canadian flag.
http://www.colegioanglocanadiense.com/blog/post/98873/simbolos-institucionales.html - Institute's website
http://www.colegioanglocanadiense.com/galeria/album/album-1.html - Photo
Ivan Sache, 17 July 2014


Anglohispano, Colegio

image by Ivan Sache, 30 September 2018

Colegio Anglohispano was established in 1991 in Manizales (Caldas Department).

The flag of Colegio Anglohispano is horizontally divided blue-red (c. 2:1) by a white line forming a mountain shape.
http://www.anglohispano.edu.co/index.php/news/nuestros-simbolos
School website
Ivan Sache, 30 September 2018


Anglo Colombia, Colegio

image by Ivan Sache, 27 June 2014

Colegio Ànglo Colombia / Anglo Colombia School was established in 2000 in Barranquilla (Atlántico Department), succeeding Colegio Villa del Norte, originally established in February 1984.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided blue-white-yellow, with three white stars placed 1 and 2 in the blue stripe and a laurel wreath placed in the white stripe. The blue stripe is a symbol of personal strength. The three stars stand for the institute's motto, "Leadership, Love and Excellence". The white stripe is a symbol of harmony. The laurel wreath stands for peace and triumph. The yellow stripe is a symbol of knowledge.
Source: http://www.colegioanglocolombiabarranquilla.com/acerca-de-acs/nuestros-simbolos.html - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 27 June 2014