This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Colombia - Education Institutes Flags (J) - Part II

Last modified: 2017-09-29 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See also:


Jose Alejandro Peralta, Gimnasio


image by Ivan Sache, 10 January 2004

The College is located in Giron, Santander department. Its flag is horizontally divided yellow-green with the College emblem in the middle.
Source: <www.voluntad.com.co>, located by Dov Gutterman.
Ivan Sache, 10 January 2004


José Benigno Perilla, Colegio de Educación Básica y Media Técnica


image by Ivan Sache, 13 January 2009

"Colegio de Educación Básica y Media Técnica 'José Benigno Perilla'", founded in Somondoco (Department of Boyacá) by María Lidia Puentes González (b. 1939), was recognized on 10 August 1962 by the Department of Boyacá (Decree No. 546), as "Escuela Normal Superior Femenina 'José Benigno Perilla' de Somondoco". The institute is named after José Benigo Perilla (1831-1893), second Archbishop of Tunja (1887-1893).
The flag of the institute is shown graphically on the website of the institute, as horizontally divided white-green with the emblem of the institute in the middle. White means purity while green means hope. The written description does not mention the emblem; moreover, the flag is said to have been officially approved in 1970 whereas the emblem was designed in 1981. Therefore I beleive that the flag actually used is without the emblem.
The emblem of the institute was designed in 1981 by student Abraham Sánchez Sánchez. The shield is divided into four concave quarters by a red cross. The upper left quarter shows a white open book on a green field. The upper right quarter shows a red quill and inkpot on a hwite field. The lower left quarter shows a red torch on a white field. The lower right quarter shows a white diploma on a green field. A white escutcheon charged with a green pair of scales is placed in the middle of the shield. The shield is topped by a golden mural crown. The green writing  "Colegio de Educación Básica y Media Técnica José Benigno Perilla Somondoco Boyacá" is placed on a scroll under the shield. The cross recalls the cultural heritage and, especially, His Grace José Benigno Perilla; red symbolizes the sacrifice and constancy expected form the students. The book is the symbol of science, culture and work. The quill and inkpot symbolize empowerment, commitment and creativity. The torch is the symbol of knowledge and eternal spitritual light. The diploma symbolizes abnegation and great expectations. White and green are taken from the flag of the institute.The pair of scales represents commerce. The mural crown represents integrity, firmness and education expected to form a fortress. Gold is the symbol of obedience.
Ivan Sache, 13 January 2009


José Ignacio López, Institución Educativa


image by Ivan Sache, 12 September 2014

Colegio José Ignacio López was established in Sincelejo (Sucre Department) by Departmental Resolution No. 574 of 8 November 1971. The institute is named for His Grace José Ignacio López Umaña (1883-1974), Bishop of Garzón (1924-1942) and Archbishop of Cartagena (1943-1974).
Source: http://www.iejoseignaciolopez.edu.co/ - Institute's website
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-red-green.
Source: http://www.iejoseignaciolopez.edu.co/contactenos/bandera - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 12 September 2014


José Maria Córdoba, Colegio Nacional


image by Ivan Sache, 13 January 2009

"Colegio Nacional 'José Maria Córdoba'" was founded in 1946 in Montería, Department of Córdoba, as "Colegio de Segunda Enseñenza", and renamed in 1953 "Colegio Nacional 'José Maria Córdoba'" (CONALCO). In 1962, the institute housed the emerging "Universidad Nacional de Córdoba".
The institute is named after General José Maria Córdova (1799-1829), a hero of the Wars of Independence against Spain. The Department of Córdoba was also named after him.
The flag of the institute, as shown and described on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided yellow-red-green.
The colours are inspired by the "national symbology". Yellow represents the Colombian people, red the blood shed in the struggle for sovereignty, and green the aspiration to liberty.
The colours also represent the profil of the educationalist collectivity. Yellow represents light, dynamism and a center of resource and cultural material. Red means distinction and joy of life in an atmosphere of affect and vital reason. Green represents the natural environment.  
Ivan Sache, 13 January 2009


José Eusebio Caro, Colegio


image by Ivan Sache, 07 December 2014

Colegio José Eusebio Caro (Colcaro) is the continuation of the Casa de Estudio established on 17 May 1834 in Ocaña (Norte del Santander Department) by General Francisco de Paula Santander and renamed in 1906 Liceo de San Luis Gonzaga by José María Rojas. Colegio Provincial José Eusebio Caro was established by Decree No. 66, adopted on 22 April 1911 by the Assembly of the newly formed Norte del Santander Province. The institute is named for the poet and writer José Eusebio Caro Ibañez (1817-1853), co-founder in 1849 of the Colombian Conservative Party.
The flag of Colcaro is horizontally divided green-white.
Source: http://centenariocolcaro.blogspot.fr/2010/10/simbolos.html - Institute's blog
Ivan Sache, 07 December 2014


José Eusebio Caro, INEM


image by Ivan Sache, 9 July 2014

INEM José Eusebio Caro was established in Cúcuta (Norte de Santander Department) by Decree No. 1,962 of 20 November 1969. Classes started on 6 April 1970. Centro Miguel Müller and Escuela Ciudad Jardín were merged with INEM José Eusebio Caro by Decree No. 896 of 30 September 2002. The institute is named for the poet and writer José Eusebio Caro Ibaņez (1817-1853), co-founder in 1849 of the Colombian Conservative Party.

The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-blue with a yellow triangle placed along the hoist. White represents purity. Blue represents the infinite horizon. Yellow represents intellectual resources.
http://www.inemcucuta.4t.com/custom3.html - Institute's website
Ivan Sache
, 9 July 2014


José Felix de Restrepo, INEM


image by Ivan Sache, 5 July 2014

INEM José Felix de Restrepo is located in Medellín (Antioquia Department).

The flag of the institute is horizontally divided red-yellow-green. Red is a symbol of valiance, nobleness, intrepidity, generosity, honor and strength. Yellow is a symbol of sovereignty and prosperity. Green is a symbol of liberty, friendship, service and respect.
http://inemjose.edu.co/colegio/attachments/2123_Manual%20de%20Convivencia%202014.pdf  - Institute' Constitution
Ivan Sache, 5 July 2014


José Maria Córdoba, Institución Educativa Técnica Industrial


image by Ivan Sache, 14 December 2014

Institución Educativa Técnica Industrial José Maria Córdoba was established in El Santuario (Antioquia Department) by State Law No. 80 of 29 November 1962, promulgated on 19 December 1962, as Escuela de Artes y Oficios. Merged by Decree with Liceo San Luis Gonzaga in 1969, the institute recovered its autonomy in 1971 on a juridical basis: the Decree that had invalidated the original State Law was declared null and void (because a Law can be invalidated only by another Law, not by a Decree). The school was renamed Instituto Técnico Industrial Nacional (ITIN) in 1978. In 1979, President of the Republic Julio César Turbay Ayala (1978-1982), when visiting the town for the commemoration of the 150 years of death of General José María Córdoba (1799-1829), decided to rename the institute for the general, a hero of the Wars of Independence against Spain - also the namesake of Córdoba Department. Institución Educativa Técnica Industrial José Maria Córdoba was eventually established by Departmental Resolution No. 696 of 4 February 2003 as the merger of ITIN and Escuela Eusebio María Gómez. The flag of the institute is horizontally divided green-white with the institute's emblem in the middle. The emblem, designed in 1974 by the student Rodrigo Vargas Ramírez, is made of a disk divided green-white according to the ascending diagonal, charged with a pair of compasses and, in base, a flaming torch, and framed by a golden yellow cogwheel inscribed with the institute's name and place.
Source: http://itinelsantuario.edu.co/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=5  - Institute's website
Photo: http://itinelsantuario.edu.co/images/phocagallery/institucional/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_dsc_0402.jpg 
Ivan Sache, 14 December 2014


José María Potier, Institución Educativa


image by Ivan Sache, 21 November 2014

Institución Educativa José María Potier dates back to 1924, when His Grace José María Potier, Apostolic Prefect of Arauca, invited the Christian Brother (Lasallians) to Chita (Boyacá Department). They founded Liceo de San Luís Gonzaga and managed it for the next 12 years. The Prefect then founded in 1944 Liceo Pio XII, which was renamed Seminario Misional de la Virgen Milagrosa in 1950. Colegio Seminario José María Potier was established in 1969 as the merger of Seminario La Milagrosa and Colegio José María Potier. Institución Educativa Técnica y Académica José María Potier was established by Resolution No. 2,457 of 6 October 2003 as the merger of Instituto Técnico Agropecuario José María Potier and Colegio Seminario Misional La Milagrosa. The name of the institute was eventually shortened to Institución Educativa José María Potier by Resolution No. 3,173 of 15 December 2008.
The flag of the institute is diagonally divided yellow-white-green according to the ascending diagonal. Yellow is a universal symbol of wealth. It recalls the ecclesiastic roots of the institute, once a seminary. It is also a symbol of energy, light and enlightenment. White is a symbol of purity, and especially, of transparency and honesty. Green is a symbol of hope, love for the natural environment and the compromise required to preserve the natural resources.
Source: http://colpotierchita.jimdo.com/simbolos-institucionales/ - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 21 November 2014


José María Vivas Balcázar, Institución Educativa Técnico Comercial


image by Ivan Sache, 28 November 2014

Institución Educativa Técnico Comercial José María Vivas Balcázar is located in Cali (Valle Department). The institute is named for the poet, writer and educationalist José María Vivas Balcázar (1918-1960), Secretary of the Colombian National Broadcasting Corporation and editor of the review "Las Indias" (see http://victorlopezerazo.blogspot.fr/2009/08/jose-maria-vivas-balcazar.html for a biography and poems).
The flag of the institute, in dimensions 1.50 m x 2.70 m [5:9], is horizontally divided red-gray-green. Red means energy, charity and love. It is a symbol of power, victory, audacity and highness. It is the colour of beautiful flowers, of fire and blood. Gray is a symbol of rectitude, clearness, elation, glory and sanity. Green denotes faith, service, respect, youth and, most of all, hope.
Source: http://ievivasbalcazarcali.amawebs.com/ - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 28 November 2014


José Miguel de Restrepo y Puerta, Institución Educativa


image by Ivan Sache, 07 September 2014

Institución Educativa José Miguel de Restrepo y Puerta was established in Copacabana (Antioquia Department) by Decree No. 263 of 13 January 2003, as the merger of Colegio José Miguel de Restrepo y Puerta (est. by Resolution No. 1,168 of 9 December 1999), Escuela Urbana Aurelio Tobón, Escuela Urbana Camilo Torres, and Escuela Rural La Veta. The institute is named for José Miguel de Restrepo y Puerta (1755-1829), Governor of Antioquia in 1812.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided yellow-emerald green-vermilion red-cyan blue. The four stripes stand for the four components of the institute. Yellow is a symbol of knowledge. Green is a symbol of the natural resources and of peace. Red is a symbol of commitment to learning and harmonious social  interaction. Cyan is a symbol of the religious, ethical and moral values.
Source: http://turko50.jimdo.com/historia-de-la-josé-miguel/ - Institute's historical blog
Ivan Sache, 07 September 2014


José Prieto Arango, Institución Educativa


image by Ivan Sache, 30 January 2009

"Institución Educativa 'José Prieto Arango'"  is located at Tarso, Department of Antioquia.
The institute is named after José Prieto Arango, one of the founders of the journal "La Tarde" in the neighbouring town of Jericó in the early 20th century.
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided blue-white-yellow.
The flag was designed in 1988 by teachers Marco Tulio Hurtado and Alirio Palacio.
Blue, the colour of heavens, symbolizes highness, desire, spirit and ideal of commitment to be shared by the students.
White, the colour of purity, symbolizes honesty in all our acts.
Yellow, the colour of light, symbolizes intelligence, creativity and dynamism of the youth.
The stripes are equal and horizontal to represent the equity in rights among the students.
Ivan Sache, 30 January 2009


Josefina Muñoz González, Institución Educativa


image by Ivan Sache, 07 September 2014

Institución Educativa Josefina Muñoz González was established on 28 December 1967 in Rionegro (Antioquia). The institute was renamed IDEM Josefina Muñoz Gonzáles by Decree No. 372 of 8 April 1970, Instituto Técnico Comercial Josefina Muñoz González by Decree No. 1,190 of 24 September 1970, and Instituto Josefina Muñoz González by Decree No. 109 of 2 May 1991. Institución Educativa Josefina Muñoz González was eventually
established on 4 February 2003 as the merger of Instituto Josefina Muñoz González, Colegio Nocturno de Rionegro, Escuela Cuatro Esquinas, Escuela Carmela Biancheti, and Escuela Monseñor Samuel Álvarez.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-green-red. White is a symbol of peace. Green is a symbol of hope. Red is a symbol of force, enthusiasm, and juvenile valour. The colours are also a tribute to the flags of Antioquia (white and  green) and of Rionegro (white and red).
Source: http://www.iejosefinamunozgonzalez.edu.co/index2.php?id=12374&idmenutipo=356&tag=col - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 07 September 2014