Last modified: 2015-08-13 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 31 January 2009
"Institución Educativa 'Juan XXIII'" was formed in
Monteria, Department of Córdoba, on 3 March 1997 (Decree No.
556), through the merging of "Escuela Urbana Mixta Juan
XXIII" and "El Rosario". The institute is named
after Pope John XXIII (1881-1963, Pope in 1958, blessed in 2000).
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided white-blue.
Ivan Sache, 31 January 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 6 November 2010
Colegio Integrado Juan Atalaya (COLIJA) was founded on 30 October 2002
(Departmental Decree No. 796) by the merging of Colegio Departamental Integrado
Juan Atalaya - originally founded on 7 November 1965 (Departmenal Decree No. 7),
Escuela Antonio María Claret No. 30, Escuela Urbana Comuneros No. 33 and Escuela
Urbana Integrada Cúcuta 75 No. 52, all located in San José de Cúcuta, Department
of Norte del Santander.
The flag of COLIJA, as shown graphically on the institute's website, is horizontally divided yellow-brown.
Ivan Sache, 6 November 2010
image by Ivan Sache, 10 July 2014
Institución Educativa Juan Bautista Arnaud is located in El Porvenir borough,
part of the municipality of El Calvario (Meta Department). The institute is
named for Father Juan Bautista Arnaud, a French Missionary of the Company of
Mary who founded in 1911 of the settlement of El Calvario (The Calvary). The
Company of Mary was established in 1705 by St. Louis-Marie Grignion de Montfort
The flag of the institute is emerald green with a white diagonal stripe running form the lower hoist to the upper fly.
http://www.sigueonline.co/portalcolegio/jbarnaud/index.php?lk=5 - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 10 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 11 August 2014
Institución Educativa Juan de Cabrera was established by Agreement No. 9 of
26 April 1961 on the Tres Esquinas estate, then owned by Max Duque Gomez in the
San Martín borough, part of the municipality of Nieva (Huila Department). The
institute is named for Captain Juan de Cabrera, involved in the conquest of the
territories of the today's Cauca and Tolima Department. Cabrera was killed in
the battle of Añaquito, fought on 18 February 1546 during Gonzalo Pizarro's
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-pink-green.
Source: http://institucioneducativajuandecabrera2011.blogspot.fr/p/simbolos.html - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 11 August 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 09 November 2014
Instituto Catequístico Juan de Castellanos was established in 1967 in Tunja
(Boyacá Department) by His Grace Ángel María Ocampo Berrío, (1897-1991; 1st
Archbishop of Tunja, 1964-1970), giving an official status to classes initiated
in 1963 by the Daughters of the Church and Father Álvaro Castillo Dueñas.
Instituto Catequístico para Educación Superior was established on 27 April 1985
and renamed Instituto Universitario Juan de Castellanos in 1989. Fundación
Universitaria Juan de Castellanos was eventually established by State Resolution
No. 1,904 of 5 August 2002.
The institute is named for the Spanish priest, poet and soldier Juan de Castellanos (1522-1607). Ordained in Cartagena, Castellanos was appointed parish priest in Tunja, where he composed his masterpiece, the epic poem "Elegias de Varones ilustres de Indias", the longest epos ever written in Spanish and a vivid account of the Spanish colonization of Colombia and Venezuela.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided green-yellow-blue with the institute's emblem in the middle. Yellow is a symbol of light, intellect, faith, and kindness. In the Christian religion, yellow is the symbol of divinity. In heraldry, or is a symbol of nobleness, splendour, prosperity, magnanimity, constancy, wealth, power, and light. Green is a symbol of growth, renovation, and natural environment. In the Christian religion, green is a symbol of life. In heraldry, vert is a symbol of hope, faith, friendship, commitment, and respect. It is a symbol of greatness, highness, asylum, and safeguard. Blue is associated with spirit and intellect, as a symbol of truth, transparency, loyalty, fidelity, constancy, and chastity; it is also the colour of the sky that represents immensity and eternity. In the Christian religion, blue is a symbol of truth. In heraldry, azure is a symbol of air, justice, obedience, loyalty, piety, and prudence.
The emblem of the institute features;
- a flame, as a symbol of divine illumination of spirit and purification, of the Holy Ghost, and of knowledge provided by God;
- a tree, as a symbol of life, immortality, knowledge, stability, and growth. In heraldry, the tree is a symbol of stability and love in valuable enterprises. The green colour of the leaves is a symbol of growth, renovation, and natural environment;
- a star, as a symbol of divine guidance and constancy. The five-pointed stars specifically represents the Bethlehem star that guided the King Magi; the pentagram also represents the human being and science (astronomy);
- organic forms, as a symbol of the natural environment and harmony provided by God; the leaves pointing upwards increases growth and projection towards future;
- a circle, as a symbol of totality, original perfection, infinity, eternity, perpetual movement, and life cycle. It is also the symbol of God. In heraldry, the oval shape indicates the clerical personality of the one who bears it. The blue colour of the disk is associated with spirit and intellect;
- a golden yellow stripe, as a symbol of light provided by God and illuminating knowledge. Yellow is a symbol of light, intellect, faith, and kindness;
- a cross, as a symbol of communication between God and the earth, representing the tree of life and birth. It also symbolizes the archetypal man able to harmonize celestial, intellectual, spiritual, and active components with terrestrial, rational, and positive components. In the Christian religion, the cross is the central symbol of hope, of relationship, faith, and salvation through Jesus' sacrifice.
Source: http://www.jdc.edu.co/nosotros/información-general/simbologia-institucional - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 09 November 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 18 September 2014
Escuela Normal Juan Ladrilleros was established in Buenaventura (Valle
Department) by State Law No. 166 of 30 November 1956. His Grace Gerardo Valencia
Cano, Apostolic Vicar of Buenaventura (1953-1972), was appointed first director
of the school; he commissioned the Tertiary Capuchin Sisters of the Holy Family,
a congregation founded on 27 April 1885 by Luis José María Amigó y Ferrer
(1854-1934), to manage the school. The church of Buenaventura would rule the
school until 31 December 1975, when it was transferred to the Ministry of
National Education, as prescribed by the concordat signed in 1973. The school
was renamed Escuela Normal Superior Juan Ladrilleros by Resolution No. 3,492 of
24 December 1999. Institución Educativa Escuela Normal Superior was eventually
established in 2002 as the merger of Escuela Normal Superior Juan Ladrilleros
and of Centro Docente Olímpico No. 120. The institute is named for Juan
Ladrilleros (c. 1490-1559), who founded in 1540 the town of Buenaventura.
The flag of the institute, designed by Sister Libia Esther Vásquez Gutiérrez, Director of the school from 1962 to 1972, is horizontally divided silver gray-blue. Gray is a symbol of equity. Blue is a symbol of the deepness of not only the heavens and the mountains, but also of science and human nature.
Source: http://www.ienormaljuanla.edu.co/documentos/HISTORIA.pdf - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 18 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 20 November 2014
Institución Educativa Técnica Juan Lasso de la Vega is located in Valle de
San Juan (Tolima Department).
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-green.
Source: http://juanlassodelavega.wordpress.com/ - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 20 November 2014
"Colegio 'Juan Lozano y Lozano'" was founded in 1984
in Bogotá. The institute is named after the poet, diplomat and
journalist Juan Lozano y Lozano (1902-1980).
The flag of the institute, according to a photo and the description available on the website of the institute, is red with the emblem of the institute in the middle.
The emblem shown on the flag shows some differences with the emblem shown graphically on the website of the institute. It is made of a yellow triangle charged with stylized black letters "JLL" and inscribed in a white disk. The red border of the disk bears the black writing "COLEGIO DISTRITAL" (top) / "JUNA LOZANO Y LOZANO" (bottom). There is something written in black under the triangle, ending with "...ITUD".
The emblem shown on the website has the white writing "INSTITUCION EDUCATIVA DISTRITAL / JUAN LOZANO Y LOZANO" and nothing written under the triangle. Therefore, it seems that the flag was not "updated" when the satutes and name of the institute were changed.
Ivan Sache, 17 January 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 06 August 2014
Fundación Universitaria Juan N. Corpas was established in 1970 by Dr. Jorge
Eduardo Piñeros Corpas (b. 1927), who served as Professor of Clinic Medicine,
Pharmacology and Physiology at Universidad Nacional. Corpas also founded
Fundación Clínica Hospital Juan N. Corpas (1976), Fundación Laboratorio de
Farmacología Vegetal Labfarve (1984), and Medicor.
Escuela de Medicina Juan N. Corpas started classes on 3 February 1971; the institute was officially recognized by Resolution No. 2,105 of 29 March 1974. Fundación Universitaria Juan N. Corpas was officially recognized in 2004 as a non-profit, private university institution. The institute is named for Dr. Juan N. Corpas (1885-1944), Consul General of Colombia in Paris during the First World War and Minister of Education and Public Health in 1924.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided light blue-white with the institute's emblem in the middle. Blue is a symbol of purity White is a symbol of the triumph of medicine over death.
The emblem of the institute features the red disk of knowledge charged with the equilateral triangle of justice, truth, and honor. In the middle stands Hippocrates' staff and snake, representing the medical skills required for the interpretation of symptoms. The book of science and the prescription are other symbols of truth.
Sources: http://www.juanncorpas.edu.co/la-institucion/simbolos.html - Institute's website
http://www.juanncorpas.edu.co/noticias/noticia/articulo/internet-inalambrico-para-los-estudiantes-corpistas.html - Photo
Ivan Sache, 06 August 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 21 October 2014
Colegio Diocesano Juan Pablo II was established on 10 December 1990 in
Apartadó (Antioquia Department) by His Grace Isaías Duarte Cancino (1939-2002,
appointed in 1988 the first Bishop of Apartadó and appointed in 1995 Archbishop
of Cali, where he was murdered by two hitmen). Classes started on 8 February
1991. The school was managed from 1996 to 2009 by the Institute of the Brothers
of the Christian School (Lasallians).
The institute is named for Pope St. John Paul II (1978-2005, canonized on 27 April 2014 by Pope Francis).
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-blue.
Source: http://colegiodiocesanojuanpablo.blogspot.fr/p/simbolos-institucionales-colegio.html - Institute's blog
Ivan Sache, 21 October 2014
image by Jairo Alonso Méndez Méndez, 15 March 2005
Here is the flag of the Colegio Departamental Julio César
Sánchez García, in Anapoima (Cundinamarca). The flag was
officialized after a concourse, in 1998, and have a version with
the 1998 Coat of Arms and 2001 Coat of Arms.
Jairo Alonso Méndez Méndez, 15 March 2005
image by Ivan Sache, 03 October 2014
Escuela No. 10 Julio Pérez was established in 1944 in the Cundinamarca
borough, part of the municipality of Cúcuta (Norte de Santander Department). The
school was renamed Colegio Básico Julio Pérez Ferrero by Resolution No. 127 of
25 February 2000. Institución Educativa Julio Pérez Ferrero was eventually
established by Decree No. 767 of 21 July 2003, as the merger of Colegio Julio
Pérez Ferrero and Escuela San Miguel No. 13 (est. 1969). The institute is named
for the historian, journalist, and politician Julio Pérez Ferrero
(1850-1927).first President of the Assembly of Norte de Santander.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided green-white-golden yellow, with the institute's emblem in the middle.
Ivan Sache, 03 October 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 18 September 2014
Instituto Universitario was established in Tunja (Boyacá Department) by
Agreement No. 33 of 17 October 1991, jointly signed by the municipality and
Universidad Pedagógica y Tecnológica Colombia (UPTC). The institute was renamed
Colegio Julius Sieber by Agreement No. 7 of 23 November 1992. Institución
Educativa Julius Sieber was established by Departmental Resolution No. 2,423 of
30 November 2002 as the merger of Colegio Julius Sieber, Concentración de Santa
Ana (est. in 1981), and Concentración Asís Boyacense (est. by Decree No. 54 of
13 December 1976). The institute is named for the German pedagogist Julius
Sieber, first Director of UPTC (1928).
The flag of the institute is diagonally divided indigo blue-yellow by the ascending diagonal. Blue is the fifth colour of the solar spectrum, representing the firmament, the night that protects those whose study all the day long for a better future for themselves and their children. Yellow is the third colour of the solar spectrum, representing light, life, human resources, youth, arts, science, and knowledge.
Source: http://iejs2012.weebly.com/bandera.html - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 18 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 04 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 04 July 2014
Colegio Militar Cooperativo Justiniano Quiñonez Angulo is located in the
Central borough, part of the municipality of Kennedy (Bogotá). The institute is
named for Sergeant Justiniano Quiñonez Angulo (1935-1998), a noted surgeon,
chemist, biologist and politician.
The flag of the institute is in dimensions 1.10 m x 1. 35 m, plain "hope green". The flag's fly shall have a golden fringe of 5 cm in width. "Hope green" is a symbol of the natural resources of the country, of the greatness of the natural environment, of cooperativism, solidarity, friendship, excellence, and deep Christian faith.
Source: http://www.colegiomilitarjqa.edu.co/es/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6:-bandera&catid=1:nuestro-colegio&Itemid=8 - Institute's website
The standard of the institute is similar to the flag, with the emblem of the institute added in the middle.
Source: http://www.colegiomilitarjqa.edu.co/es/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7&Itemid=9 - Institute's website
The emblem of the institute is a red shield outlined in yellow. It shows the arms of the Quiñonez family, dating back to the 11th century: a shield surmounted by an helmet with red and blue (white on the image) feathers and surrounded by red and blue (white on the image) foliage. The shield is charged with a sword placed over an open Bible.
Source: http://www.colegiomilitarjqa.edu.co/es/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9&Itemid=11 - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 04 July 2014