This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Colombia - Education Institutes Flags (M) - Part II

Last modified: 2017-09-29 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See also:


Marceliana Saldarriaga, Institución Educativa


image by Ivan Sache, 17 September 2014

Escuela Marceliana Saldarriaga was established by Departmental Ordinance No. 36 of 13 December 1961 in El Guayabo borough, part of the municipality of Itagüí (Antioquia Department). Colegio Marceliana Saldarriaga was established by Departmental Ordinance No. 2,663 of 3 July 1996. Institución Educativa Marceliana Saldarriaga was eventually established by Departmental Resolution No. 16,092 of 25 November 2002.
The flag of the institute is prescribed in Article 1.6.2 of the institute's Etiquette Guidebook, as diagonally divided, per bend sinister, blue-red. Blue is a symbol of the immensity and deepness of knowledge, and of the significance of the proper academic space. Red is a symbol of life, love, and joy. The two triangles represent the integration of the three pillars of the educational community: students, educationalists, and parents.
Source: http://www.iemarcelianasaldarriaga.edu.co/index2.php?id=12016&idmenutipo=1904&tag= - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 17 September 2014


Marceliano Polo, Institución Educativa


image by Ivan Sache, 13 October 2014

Institución Educativa Marceliano Polo was established in Cereté (Córdoba Department) by Ordinance No. 19 of 21 October 1964, and nationalized in 1989. The institute is named for the educationalist Marceliano Gabriel Polo Guerra (1893-1961), who founded in the 1940s Colegio San Luis Gonzaga in Cereté.
The flag of the institute is prescribed in Article 5 of the institute's Etiquette Guidebook as horizontally divided green-white-red. Green is a symbol of hope; it represents savannah, woods, and pastures, and the fertility of the Sinú and San Jorge valleys. White is a symbol of peace; it also represents cotton. Red is a symbol of passion for study, joy, and aspiration to knowledge.
Source: http://fr.slideshare.net/marcelianopolo/manual-de-convivencia-2012
Ivan Sache, 13 October 2014


Marco Antonio Carreño Silva, Colegio

"Colegio 'Marco Antonio Carreño Silva'" is located in Bogotá.
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the website of the institute, is green with a white ascending diagonal stripe and the emblem of the institute in the middle (represented as a white disk on the drawing but explicitely mentioned in the description). Green symbolizes hope and white the pacific common life. The orientation of the stripe represents the constant permanent and institutional improvement.
The emblem of the institute has a green border charged with the three pillars of the institute, in white letters: "AUTONOMÍA" (left), "PARTICIPACIÓN" (right), and "CREATIVIDAD" (top), the flag of Bogotá (horizontally divided yellow-red, without the coat of arms), and the flag of the institute. The shield is blue, divided into three parts by two green branches of laurel emerging from a single stem, representing the fulfillment of the objectives proposed in the institute. Above the branches are two open hands, symbolizing unity and strength, on the left, a book, symbolizing science, on the right a computer, representing access to knowledge through technology, and under the stem the five Olympic rings, symbolizing sociability, fraternity, equity, solidarity and diversity.
Ivan Sache, 17 January 2009


Marco Fidel Suárez, Colegio


image by Ivan Sache, 1 February 2009

"Colegio 'Marco Fidel Suárez'" was created on 1 December 1967 (Decree No. 011) in Zulia, Departement of Norte del Santander. The institute is named after Marco Fidel Suárez (1855-1927), President of Colombia from 1918 to 1922, and also a famous writer.
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the website of the institute, is white with two thin vertical green lines near the host and another two near the fly, and the emblem of the institute in the middle. White represents aspiration to peace while green represents the ecological awareness of the community of Zulia.
The emblem of the institute is diagonally divided yellow-red by a red-orange ascending diagonal stripe charged with "Esfuerzo y Triunfo" (Strength and Triumph) in black letters, a reference to Marco Fidel Suárez' life . The yellow field is charged with a white open book while the green part is charged with a white torch hold by a hand.
Ivan Sache, 1 February 2009


Marco Fidel Suárez, Institución Educativa


image by Ivan Sache, 02 December 2014

Institución Educativa Marco Fidel Suárez was established in Medellín (Antioquia Department) by Resolution No. 16,287 of 27 November 2002 as the merger of Liceo Nacional Marco Fidel Suárez, Escuela Cuarta Brigada, Escuela Carlos Obando Velasco and Escuela La Iguaná. The institute is named after Marco Fidel Suárez (1855-1927), President of Colombia from 1918 to 1922, also a famous writer.
The flag of the institute is described in Article 1.2.1 of the institute's Etiquette Guidebook as horizontally divided white-wine red. White is a symbol of virtue, values, knowledge, purity, nobleness and clarity. Wine red is a symbol of union, friendship, permanency, constancy and stimulation.
Source: http://marcofidelsuarez.jimdo.com/institucional/manual-de-convivencia/ - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 02 December 2014


Marco Tobón Mejía, Institución Educativa


image by Ivan Sache, 17 October 2014

Institución Educativa Marco Tobón Mejía was established on 6 June 2010 in Santa Rosa de Osos (Antioquia Department), separating from Institución Educativa Cardenal Aníbal Muñoz Duque. The institute is named for the Santa Rosa de Osos-born sculptor and painter Marco Tobón Mejía (1876-1933), who spent most of his artistic life in Paris, where he met Auguste Rodin, Aristide Maillol, and Antoine Bourdelle.
The flag of the institute is prescribed in Chapter 2.3.2. of the institute's Etiquette Guidebook as horizontally divided silver gray- golden yellow-coffee brown. Gray is the colour of integrity, work, victory, conscience, and force. Yellow is the colour of light, constancy, and knowledge. Brown is the colour of Mother Earth, symbolizing admiration and care for the natural environment. The colours of the flag are derived from the institute's coat of arms.
Source: http://iemarcotobon.edu.co/images/manual-convivencia/manual-convivencia-2013.pdf  - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 17 October 2014


María Antonia Penagos, Institución Educativa


image by Ivan Sache, 06 October 2014

Institución Educativa María Antonia Penagos was established in Palmira (Valle Department) by Resolution No. 1,790 of 4 September 2002, as the merger of Instituto de Educación Basica María Antonia Penagos (est. by Resolution No. 2,691 of 25 July 200x as the merger of Centro Educativo No 97 María Antonia Penagos and Centro Docente No 21 Gabriela Mistral), Escuela Susana López de Valencia, and Escuela Francisco de Paula Santander. The institute is named for the school teacher María Antonia Penagos Camacho (b. 1908), who founded in 1952 Colegio Antonia Santos in Palmira.
The flag of the institute is described in Article 5B of the institute's Etiquette Guidebook as horizontally divided yellow-white-green. Yellow represents the cognitive resources. White represents purity, integrity, and peace. Green represents hope and the natural environment.
Source: http://mariaantoniapenagos.edu.co/manual-de-convivencia/ - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 06 October 2014


María Auxiliadora, Colegio de


image by Ivan Sache, 8 January 2004

"Colegio 'María Auxiliadora'" (COLMAUXI) was founded in 1955, as "Colegio San Juan Bosco", by priest José Darío Ovies Garcés in Guadalupe, Department of Huila. Closed in 1959 because of the lack of official license, the college was reopened on 8 March 1960 under its current name and placed under the administration of the parish of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe. Official website at here.
The flag of COLMAUXI is shown on a photo taken during the celebration of Independence Day as horizontally divided light blue-pink (as it was shown graphically on a defunct webpage located by Dov Gutterman on 8 January 2004) . However, the graphic representation of the flag on the institute's website shows the flag with reverted colours.
Ivan Sache, 5 August 2009

María Auxiliadora is the Spanish name of Mary Help of Christians. The flag of the institute is horizontally divided blue-pink. Blue and pink are the colours of the cloak and of the tunic of Mary  Help of Christians. Blue is a symbol of transcendency. Pink is the mixture of red and white. Red is a symbol of force and  sacrifice, reason and love. White is a symbol of rectitude,  transparency and strength. Accordingly, pink is a symbol of the  tenderness and kindness of the institute's patron saint.
Source: http://colsantamariamazzarello.jimdo.com/inicio/simbolos/
Ivan Sache, 29 June 2014


María Auxiliadora, Escuela Normal Superior (Diamante, Girardot, Cundinamarca)


image by Ivan Sache, 27 October 2014

Escuela Normal Superior María Auxiliadora was established in Diamante borough, part of the municipality of Girardot (Cundinamarca Department) by Ordinance No. 75 of 30 November 1962. The foundation of the institute is credited to His Grace Alfredo Rubio Díaz (1901-1992, Bishop of Girardot from 18956 to 1961, of Sonsón from 1961 to 1968, and Archbishop of Nueva Pamplona from 1968 to 1978), Sister Juan del Redentor, and another three priests.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided blue-pink.
Source: http://www.ensmagirardot.edu.co/portal/?cat=28 - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 27 October 2014


María Auxiliadora, Escuela Normal Superior (Guadalupe, Santander)


image by Ivan Sache, 30 October 2014

Escuela Normal Superior María Auxiliadora originates in a school established on 4 February 1911 in Guadalupe (Santander Department) by the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians (Son Bosco Salesians). Transformed into an Escuela Normal Rural in 1959, Escuela Normal Superior María Auxiliadora incorporated by Resolution No. 7,221 of 22 August 2003 Escuelas Rurales La Rosita, Quitasol, El Placer, San Pedro, Plateado, San José, San Ramón, La Chorrera, and Altomira.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided blue-pink, which are the colours of the institute's patron saint and namesake, Mary Help of Christians.
Source: http://ensmaguadalupe.blogspot.fr/ - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 30 October 2014


María Auxiliadora, Escuela Normal Superior (Santa Marta, Magdalena)


image by Ivan Sache, 22 October 2014

Escuela Normal Superior María Auxiliadora was established in 1951 in Santa Marta (Magdalena Department) by the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians (Son Bosco Salesians).
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided blue-pink. Blue is a symbol of the sky, of the beautiful sea that bathes the coast, and of the cloak of Mary Help of Christians, the institute's patron saint and namesake. Pink is a symbol of the children and of the youth. As a whole, the flag is a symbol of humility, kindness, value, surpassing, search of truth, and of greater ideals.
Source: http://escmauxi.jimdo.com/información-institucional/simbolos-e-himnos/ - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 22 October 2014


María de Los Angeles Cano Márquez, Institución Educativa


image by Ivan Sache, 15 September 2014

Escuela Granizal, established in Medellín, was renamed in 1977 Escuela María de Los Angeles Cano Márquez. Institución Educativa María de Los Angeles Cano Márquez was eventually established by Departmental Resolution No. 19,447 of 30 September 2002. The institute is named for María de Los Angeles Cano Márquez (1887-1967), the first woman with political leadership in Colombia. Nicknamed "La flor del trabajo" (The Flower of the Work), she led the struggle for civil and worker's rights, and was among the founders of the Revolutionary Socialist Party.
The flag of the institute is white with a red diagonal stripe.
Source: http://iemacm.edu.co/ - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 15 September 2014


María Goretti, Colegio


image by Ivan Sache, 9 January 2004

The College is located in Pasto, Narino department. Its flag is horizontally divided blue-white-red (2:1:1).
Source: <www.voluntad.com.co>, located by Dov Gutterman.
Ivan Sache, 9 January 2004