Last modified: 2017-09-29 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 11 January 2009
"Colegio María Inmaculada" was founded in 1906 in
Bogotá, as "Sagrada Familia" (Holy Family) by the
Community of the Tertiary Capuchin Sisters, a community founded
by Friar Luis Amigó on 4 April 1905 in Riohacha, Department of
The flag of the institute can be seen on the stage on photos taken during the celebration of the Family Day 2007.
The flag, as shown graphically and described on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided white-light blue with the emblem of the institute in the middle.
The emblem of the institute shows a yellow star sending four yellow rays to an open book charged with the words "LUZ / CIENCIA" (Light / Science).
Ivan Sache, 11 January 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 03 July 2011
"Institución Educativa María Inmaculada" was founded on 11 February 1963 in
Armenia (Quindío Department) by the Sisters of the Poor of St. Peter Claver
(Hermanitas de Los Pobres de San Pedro Claver), a congregation founded on 11
February 1912 by Mother Marcelina (Luisa Marcelina Aveledo Aveledo, 1874-1959).
The flag of the institute is presented on the institute's website as horizontally divided light blue-white with the institute's emblem in the middle. The colors represent protection and help granted by the Virgin to all the members of the educational community.
The emblem of the institute is made of a shield placed on a white disk surrounded with a yellow ring inscribed with "INSTITUCION EDUCATIVA MARIA INMACULADA / ARMENIA Q." The shield, of Swiss shape and horizontally divided blue-white, is surmonted by a cross trefoiled symbolizing redemption. The blue part, of the color of the Virgin's cloak, recall the Marian virtues - high dignity, majesty, beauty, commitment and abnegation - to be maintained by all students. A seven-pointed golden star placed in the middle of the blue field represent faith that should guide our life. The white part representing purity and innocence, is charged with an open book supported by two hands, symbolizing the commitment of students to science, research and culture for the development of their human, moral, social, physical, ethical and religious potential.
Ivan Sache, 03 July 2011
image by Ivan Sache, 17 September 2014
Institución Educativa Escuela Normal Superior de María is located in the
Santa Anna borough, part of the municipality of Rionegro (Antioquia Department).
The flag of the institute is in dimensions 2 m x 2.50 m, horizontally divided forest green-white. The upper stripe represents fertility, hope, youth, and growth. The lower stripe represents truth, honesty, peace, creativity, and purity.
Source: http://www.ensdemaria.edu.co/index2.php?id=10919&idmenutipo=1772&tag= - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 17 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 04 October 2014
Institución Educativa María Jesús Mejía was established in Itagüí (Antioquia
Department) by Resolution No. 16,072 of 25 November 2002, as the merger of Liceo
Departamental María Jesús Mejía (est. by Decree No. 25 of 13 January 1983) and
of Escuela Matilde Arango.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided red-yellow-green. The flag might have been derived form the flag of Itagüí, which is horizontally divided yellow-green-red.
Source: http://www.iemariajesusmejia.master2000.net/index2.php?id=16269&idmenutipo=1380&tag=col - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 04 October 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 27 October 2014
Escuela Normal Superior Indígena was established by Resolution No. 787 of 8
November 1999 in Mitú (Vaupés Department), as the latest successor of Internado
María Reina, a boarding school established by Decree No. 2,499 of 5 December
The flag of the institute is prescribed in the Institutional Education Project, as horizontally divided yellow-green.
Ivan Sache, 27 October 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 30 October 2014
Escuela Normal Superior de Señoritas Mariano Ospina Rodríguez was established
on 31 August 1956 in Fredonia (Antioquia Department) by Margarita Correa de
Escobar. Escuela Normal Superior Mariano Ospina Rodríguez was eventually
established by Departmental Resolution No. 1,816 of 30 September 1998. The
institute is named for the statesman Mariano Ospina Rodríguez (1805-1885;
President of Colombia, 1857-1861), who pushed the Bill that established Normal
schools in Colombia and ran Colegio Académico (today Universidad de Antioquia),
as well as rural boarding school established in 1852 in Fredonia on the slopes
of Combia (today, Hacienda El Colegio).
The flag of the institute, inaugurated in 1958 on Corpus Christi Day, is horizontally divided green-white-red. Green is a symbol of the agricultural production and resources of the municipality of Fredonia. White is a symbol of the clouds and snow that cover Combia, Fredonia's emblematic mountain. Red is a symbol of fully ripe coffee berry, of blood growing from the earth, and of coffee production.
Source: http://www.ensumor.edu.co/bandera.html - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 30 October 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 16 November 2014
Institución Educativa Técnica Industrial Maricé Sinisterra was established in
1972 in Cali (Valle Department) by the Motovalle corporation [est. in 1955, one
of the main corporations of the Colombian automobile industry], under the name
of Escuela Motovalle. The school was subsequently renamed Escuela Maricé
Sinisterra, as a tribute to the teacher Maricé Sinisterra, who had been murdered
during a community meeting.
Escuela Maricé Sinisterra and Escuela La Solidaridad were merged by Decree No. 939 of 29 May 1991 to form Escuela San Juan de Dios. Unidad Docente Maricé Sinisterra was established in 1998; Institución Educativa Técnica Industrial Maricé Sinisterra was eventually established by Decree No. 1,722 of 3 September 2002.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-light blue-dark blue. The flag represents the three-staged learning process. White is a symbol of purity, clear mind, and the apex of the learning process. Light blue is a symbol of the second stage of evolution in the learning process. Dark blue is the symbol of initial stage of the learning process.
Source: http://i-e-maricesinisterra.blogspot.fr/2012/10/escudo-bandera-simbolos.html - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 16 November 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 26 July 2014
Institución Educativa Distrital Marsella was established in 1967 in the
Marsella borough (Bogotá). Concentración Marsella was inaugurated on 26 July
1970 and renamed Centro Distrital Marsella in 1992.
The flag of the institute, adopted in 1998, is horizontally wine red-white-gray with the institute's emblem in the middle. Wine red (purple) is a symbol of serenity and interior peace. White is a symbol of peace, faith, and spirituality. Gray is a symbol of inspiration, creativity, and input.
Source: http://www.redacademica.edu.co/webcolegios/08/marsella/simbolos.html - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 26 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 17 November 2014
Institución Educativa Técnica Martin Pomala is located in Ataco (Tolima
Department). The institute is named for Martin Pomala (1884-1951), one of the
most popular poets in Tolima ("Sangre y otros poemas", 1941). He was murdered
while earning his life as a school policeman.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-green. The colours are those of the flag of Ataco. White is a symbol of peace, while green is a symbol of the natural resources and of hope.
Ivan Sache, 17 November 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 09 July 2011
"Colegio Maximiliano Kolbe" was founded on 1 February 1989 in Bogotá by Pedro
M. Sanabria Ortiz and Reynelda Becerra de Sanabria. The institute is named for
the Polish Franciscan Friar Maximilan Kolbe (1894-1941, canonized on 10 October
1982 by Pope John Paul II), who volunteered to die in place of a stranger in the
Nazi German concentration camp of Auschwitz.
The flag of the institute is shown graphically on the institute's website as horizontally divided white-blue-yellow. White represents spirituality based on a Christian vision of the world. King blue represents reality, achievement and success, recalling that excellence is built and transmitted with science, rigor and information. Yellow represents wealth, skills and values.
Ivan Sache, 09 July 2011
image by Ivan Sache, 28 November 2014
Institución Educativa Técnica Empresarial Maximiliano Netra Lamus was
established by Municipal Agreement no. 41 of 6 August 1998 in the
borough of Protecho (Municipality of Ibagué, Tolima Department),
succeeding Institución Educativa Protecho B, which had been
established on 19 January 1998.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided green-pink-white.
Source: http://maximilianoneiral.edu.co/index.php/institucional/simbolos - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 28 November 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 21 June 2014
Colegio Mayor Alférez Real was founded on 14 September 1971 in Pance, a rural
sector of Cali, by Mercedes Herrera Mora de Tenorio. The campus is located
on the Cañasgordas estate, once the residence of the "alférez real", the
representative of the King of Spain.
Source: http://colegiomayoralferezreal.edu.co/ - Institute's website
The flag of the institute is presented on the institute's website as horizontally divided in eight horizontal stripes, in turn blue and white, with the institute's emblem in the middle.
The flag in real use appears to be of very dark blue (nearly black) colour and to lack the institute's emblem.
Ivan Sache, 21 June 2014