This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Unidad Educativa Juan Batista Vásquez (Ecuador)

Last modified: 2018-11-17 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: ecuador |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



image by Ivan Sache, 12 June 2018


See also:


Overview

Unidad Educativa Juan Batista Vásquez was established on 17 August 1892 in Azogues (Azuay province), as Colegio San Francisco de Asís, and inaugurated on 12 October 1892 by the President of the Republic, Luis Cordero Crespo (1833-1912; in office, 1892-1895). The management of the college was granted to the Oblates, a congregation founded in France on 25 January 1816 by St. Eugène de Mazenod (1782-1861; canonized on 3 December 1995 by Pope John Paul II) and established in the town of Azogues since 1884, on 9 October 1892. The school was renamed on 24 October 1904 for Senator Juan Batista Vásquez (1821-1906), who served as the Rector of the University of Cuenca.
Source: https://jbvelgrande.wordpress.com/2014/04/03/historia-del-colegio/
Ivan Sache, 12 June 2018


Flag

The flag of the school is horizontally divided red-yellow with the school's coat of arms.
The coat of arms is "Per bend, 1. Gules a sun face or, 2. Or a torch argent flaming gules. The shield surmounted by a scroll argent inscribed with 'EXCELSIOR' in letters sables. Beneath the shield a scroll argent inscribed with the the school's name in letters sable."
Source: School website
Ivan Sache, 12 June 2018