This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Unidad Educativa Particular de La Inmaculada (Ecuador)

Last modified: 2018-11-17 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: ecuador |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



image by Ivan Sache, 12 November 2014


See also:


Overview

Unidad Educativa Particular de La Inmaculada, located in Ambato (Tungurahua Province), is managed by the Sisters of the Divine Providence, a congregation established in 1767 by Blessed Jean-Martin Moyë (1730-1793, blessed on 21 November 1954 by Pope Pius XII). The Sisters of the Divine Providence founded their first school in Ambato in 1881. Colegio de La Providencia, approved by Resolution No. 218 of 4 October 1941, was renamed Colegio de La Inmaculada in 1963.
Ivan Sache, 12 November 2014


Flag

The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-celestial blue, with the institute's seal in the middle. The flag's hoist shall be coffee brown.
Source: http://lainmaculada.edu.ec/web/pagina.php?id=2&id1=10&id2=22&submenuheader=6 - Institute's website
The seal of the institute, adopted on 11 May 2007, was designed by Sister Enma Astudillo, Director of the institute. It is made of a yellow oval inscribed with the institute's name and place, containing five elements:
- in the upper right part, a yellow, five-pointed star representing Mary Immaculate;
- in the middle, a coffee brown cross representing Christ Redemptive;
- in the lower left part, a bronze brown oil lamp, symbolizing faith and science;
- at the lower right base of the cross; the Bible, with white pages and a brown cover, symbolizing the Gospel;
- in the lower right part, a whitish iris representing the Divine Providence, the institute's spirituality.
Source: http://lainmaculada.edu.ec/web/pagina.php?id=2&id1=10&id2=12&submenuheader=6 - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 12 November 2014