This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Free and Sovereign State of Sinaloa [Estado Libre y Soberano de Sinaloa]
Last modified: 2013-08-03 by juan manuel gabino villascán
Keywords: mexico | sinaloa |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
Images by Pascal Gross and
Juan Manuel Gabino Villascán, April 20, 2002
Presentation of Sinaloa
- Official name: Free and Sovereign
State of Sinaloa [Estado Libre y Soberano de Sinaloa]
- Short-form names: State of Sinaloa [Estado de Sinaloa], Sinaloa
- Location: North-West of Mexico.
It limits the Mexican States of
Durango (E) and
Nayarit (SE); the Gulf of California (W) and the Pacific Ocean (S).
- Area: 58,092 km2 (2.9% out of Mexico)
- Municipalities: 18
- Population: 2,536,844 inhabitants
- Capital: Culiacán (Pop.: 745,537)
- Statehood: 14 October 1830
- Flag adopted: unknown date
- Arms adopted: November 29, 1958
- Arms designer: Rolando Arjona Amábilis.
INEGI and SEP
this line was not added by the editor of this page.