This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Polkowice county (Poland)

Powiat polkowicki, Dolnośląskie voivodship

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: polkowice |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors





[Polkowice county flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 24 Jun 2009
civic flag, adopted 16 Jun 2003 Gminy (districts) in Polkowice county: See also:

Polkowice county

Polkowice County, Dolnośląskie Voivodship - German name: Polkwitz (Heerwegen 1937-45).
Polkowice County (Polish: powiat polkowicki) is a unit of territorial administration and local government (powiat) in Lower Silesian Voivodeship, south-western Poland. It came into being on January 1, 1999, as a result of the Polish local government reforms passed in 1998. The county covers an area of 779.9 square kilometres (301.1 sq mi). Its administrative seat is the town of Polkowice, and it also contains the towns of Chocianów and Przemków.
As at 2006 the total population of the county is 61,138, out of which the population of Polkowice is 22,279, that of Chocianów is 8,215, that of Przemków is 6,551, and the rural population is 24,093.
The region passed to Poland from Germany in 1945 following decisions made at the Potsdam Conference.

Arms and flag adopted on June 16, 2003 (resolution # VII/46/03)
"Arms: the late-gothic shield is divided vertically into two parts. On the right - on the golden field a black half-eagle of the Piast princes. On the left - Madonna Grodowiecka on the red field and six, six-poined silver stars.
Flag: a vertical tri-band in the ratio 5:8 and in colors of red - yellow - blue.
The ceremonial flag of the county has the Arms placed on the line dividing first and second band (red and yellow)."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 24 Jun 2009


Ceremonial flag

[Polkowice county Ceremonial flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 24 Jun 2009
ceremonial flag, adopted 16 Jun 2003

Arms

[Polkowice county Coat of Arms] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 24 Jun 2009
adopted 16 Jun 2003