This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Leżajsk county (Poland)

Powiat leżajski, Podkarpackie voivodship

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: lezajsk |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Leżajsk county flag] image by Jens Pattke, 2 Nov 2001 Gminy (districts) in Leżajsk county: See also:

Leżajsk county flag

Leżajsk county contains the city of Leżajsk, the commune of Leżajsk, the town and commune of Nowa Sarzyna, the commune of Kuryłówka and the commune of Grodzisko Dolne.
Here is the flag of Leżajsk County. Info from this site: Leżajsk is situated in the south eastern part of podkarpackie province. It is one of the oldest towns in south eastern Poland. The beginning of the town was connected with a protoslavonic settlement. Next to this settlement another one was founded on the river San in the area of modern village called Stare Miasto. In 1397 the royal village Leżajsk was granted municipal rights by king Władysław Jagiełło. The tradition of the county of Leżajsk dates back to the XVth century. Leżajsk became the seat of the starosty in years 1425-1772. It was an independent starosty which is nowadays comprised of the settlements of Leżajsk, Dębno, Giedlarowa, Sarzyna, Wierzawice, Jelna, Kuryłówka, Ożanna, Rzuchów, Siedlanka, Wywłoka, Luchów and Ploin. In years 1855-1867 Leżajsk became, for the second time the seat of a county starosty comprising 33 townships inhabited by 31890 people. It became the seat of a county in 1956-1975. The county comprised two towns (Leżajsk, Nowa Sarzyna) and 48 villages inhabited by 62000 people. On 1st January 2000, because of administrative reforms, Leżajsk became a county again.
Jens Pattke, 13 Apr 2003

Leżajsk county Coat of Arms

[Leżajsk county Coat of Arms] image from this website.