This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Colombia - Education Institutes Flags (L) - Part VI

Last modified: 2017-09-29 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



  • Part I (La Anunciación - Las Hijas)
  • Part II (La Independencia - La Presentación)
  • Part III (La Sabiduría - Latinoamericano)
  • Part IV (La Toscana - Llanadas)
  • Part V (Lorencita - Loyola)

See also:


Lucrecio Jaramillo Vélez, Liceo


image by Ivan Sache, 28 July 2014

Lice o Lucrecio Jaramillo Vélez was established in 1967 in Medellín (Antioquia Department). The institute is named for Lucrecio Jaramillo Vélez, director of the University of Antioquia from 1965 to 1969.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-yellow-green. White is a symbol of liberty, integrity, and firmness Yellow is a symbol of life, power, constancy, and knowledge. Green is a symbol of hope, youth, and future. White and green are the colours of the University of Antioquia, the institute's alma mater.
Source: http://www.ljv.edu.co/portal/institucion/s%C3%ADmbolos-institucionales.html - Institute's website
Ivan Sache
, 28 July 2014


Luis Amigó, Fundación Universitaria


image by Ivan Sache, 10 November 2014

Fundación Universitaria Luis Amigó (FUNLAM) was established in 1984 in Medellín (Antioquia Department) by the Tertiary Capuchins, a congregation founded in 1889 by Luis Amigó Ferrer and active in Colombia since 1905. Still headquartered in Medellín, FUNLAM operates five Regional Centers located in Apartadó, Bogotá, Cali, Manizales, and Montería. FUNLAM is organized in the Faculties of Administrative, Economical, and Accounting Sciences; Social Communication and Advertizing; Law and Political Sciences; Education; and Philosophy and Theology; Engineering; Psychology and Social Sciences.
The flag of FUNLAM is prescribed in the Manual of Corporative Visual Identity (Special Release, 2008) as horizontally divided in three equal stripes, white, orange, and blue. Orange and blue are the corporative colours of FUNLAM. Blue is a symbol of knowledge, serenity, and force. Orange is a symbol of life and dynamism.
The colours are specified as:
- Orange: Pantone 1505 C, CMYK (%) 0-42-77-0.
- Blue: Pantone 2758 C, CMYK (%) 100-80-0-26
The rules of use of the flag are:
- the flag shall not have folds;
- the flag shall not be used as a tablecloth or be covered with another flag;
- the flag shall not be either hung or fixed to a wall;
- the flag shall always be hoisted on a mast, never on a staff;
- the flag shall not touch the ground;
- the flag shall not be added ribbons or knots.
Source: http://www.funlam.edu.co/modules/institucionalfunlam/item.php?itemid=45 - FUNLAM website
Photos:
http://www.surgam.org/articulos/498-Especial/Fotografias/slides/COLOMBIA2.(Doctorado%20y%20Tatiana)%20033.html
http://www.surgam.org/articulos/498-Especial/Fotografias/slides/COLOMBIA2.(Doctorado%20y%20Tatiana)%20046.html
http://www.surgam.org/articulos/498-Especial/Fotografias/slides/HONORIS%20102.html
http://www.surgam.org/articulos/498-Especial/Fotografias/slides/HONORIS%20120.html
http://www.surgam.org/articulos/498-Especial/Fotografias/slides/HONORIS%20139.html
Ivan Sache, 10 November 2014


Luis Carlos Gálan Sarmiento, Colegio Departamental


image by Ivan Sache, 10 July 2014

Colegio Departamental Luis Carlos Gálan Sarmiento is based in Ciudad Porfia, part of the municipality of Villavicencio (Meta Department). The institute is named after Luis Carlos Gálan Sarmiento (1943-1989), a Colombian journalist and liberal politician, murdered by hitmen, probably hired by the drug cartels, during a demonstration in Soacha (Cundinamarca Department).

The flag of the institute is horizontally divided red-white-red-white-red-white-red with a white triangle placed along the hoist and charged with the institute's emblem. The flag, designed by the student Miguel Angel Melo Cujiņo, was selected in an internal contest organized in 2009. The text says that the flag is made of eight red stripes and four white stripes, while the drawing shows it with four red stripes and three white stripes. Red is a symbol of the blood shed for liberty and independence, and of Luis Carlos Gálan Sarmiento's thought. White is a symbol of peace.

The emblem of the institute is made of four main elements: the flags of Colombia and of Meta Department, the bust of Luis Carlos Gálan Sarmiento, and flowers, twigs and leaves. The bust of Luis Carlos Gálan Sarmiento is a symbol of the institute's philosophy and educational principles. The vegetal elements represent the natural environment surrounding the institute and the immensity of the plain. Yellow is a symbol of the resources and of the prosperity of the Meta Department.
http://www.sigueonline.co/portalcolegio/galan/index.php?lk=5 - Institute's website
Ivan Sache
, 10 July 2014


Luis Carlos Gálan Sarmiento, Colegio (Inírida)


image by Ivan Sache, 7 January 2009

"Colegio Luis Carlos Gálan Sarmiento" is located at Inírida, Department of Guainía.
The institute is named after Luis Carlos Gálan Sarmiento (1943-1989), a Colombian journalist and liberal politician, murdered by hitmen, probably hired by the drug cartels, during a demonstration in Soacha, Department of Cundinamarca.
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the website of the Secretary of Education of the Department of Guainía, is white cross.quartered red-blue by a white cross.
Ivan Sache, 7 January 2009


Luis Carlos Gálan Sarmiento, Colegio (Girón)


image by Ivan Sache, 31 December 2009

"Colegio 'Luis Carlos Gálan Sarmiento'" is based at Girón, Department of Santander.
The institute is named after Luis Carlos Gálan Sarmiento (1943-1989), a Colombian journalist and liberal politician, murdered by hitmen, probably hired by the drug cartels, during a demonstration in Soacha, Department of Cundinamarca.
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the website of the institute (after the "Pacto de Convivencia" of the institute), is horizontally divided red-white-green with the emblem of the institute in the middle. Red represents energy and the power of the ideas defended by the institute. White represents transparency and integrity of the members of the educational community. Green represents the highness of the mountains and the pride and frankness of the community.
The emblem of the institute is made of the four interlaced capital letters "C" ("Colegio"), L ("Luis"), "C" ("Carlos") and "G" ("Gálan"), all outlined in blue [in black on the drawings], placed above a semi- circular scroll charged with "COLEGIO LUIS CARLOS GALAN SARMIENTO" in red letters [on the drawings, COLEGIO LUIS CARLOS G. in black letters]. The emblem is inscribed in a virtual triangle whose vertical altitude is made of an L-shaped arrow pointing to the infinite, symbolizing universality. Below the emblem is the name "GIRON", the seat of the institute and a component of the national historical and cultural heritage. Blue represents the perdurability of ideas as well as the transcendancy and highness of the inhabitants of Santander; the red letters symbolize the fieriness of their speech and the strength of their convictions [on the drawings, the writing is white on a red background].
The four letters also represent four words:
- The first "C", for "Compromiso" (Compromise), representing the pact between our great leader and the Colombian people, fervently supported by our community;
- "L", for "Libertad" (Liberty), defended by our charismatic policy and expressed both in teaching and training;
- The second "C", for "Calidad" (Quality), provided by the institute to the local youth;
- "G", for "Grandeza" (Greatness), expressed by our director and a characteristic of all members of the institute. The interlacing of the letters symbolizes union and solidarity among the different members of the educational community.
Source: <lcgssedec.wordpress.com>
Ivan Sache, 31 December 2009


Luis Carlos Gálan Sarmiento, Institución Educativa


image by Ivan Sache, 16 July 2014

Institución Educativa Luis Carlos Gálan Sarmiento was established in San Rafael borough, part of the municipality of Cúcuta (Norte del Santander Department) by Municipal Decree No. 79 of 24 November 1989. The institute is named for Luis Carlos Gálan Sarmiento (1943-1989), a Colombian journalist and liberal politician, murdered by hitmen, probably hired by the drug cartels, during a demonstration in Soacha (Cundinamarca Department).

The flag of the institute is horizontally divided gray-white-gray.
http://colgalancucuta.wordpress.com/about/ - Institute's website
Ivan Sache
, 16 July 2014


Institución Educativa Luis Eduardo Arias Reinel


image by Ivan Sache, 01 September 2017

Institución Educativa Luis Eduardo Arias Reinel was established in Barbosa (Antioquia) in 1900, as Escuela Urbana de Varones, and renamed as Escuela Luis Eduardo Arias Reinel in 1996 by Municipal Agreement No. 3, and as Colegio Luis Eduardo Arias Reinel in February 1997 by Resolution No. 182.
Source: Institute's website

The flag of I.E. Institución Educativa Luis Eduardo Arias Reinel is horizontally divided orange-green with a white triangle placed along the hoist. The flag, designed by Juan Bernardo Sánchez Ríos (5th primary grade, Escuela Urbana de Varones), was adopted in 1994 following a school contest.
Orange is a symbol of energy, will and commitment.
Green is a symbol of hope.
White is a symbol of peace and harmony.
Source: Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 01 September 2017


Luis Ernesto Vanegas Neira, Instituto Técnico Agropecuario


image by Ivan Sache, 28 November 2014

Instituto Técnico Agropecuario Luis Ernesto Vanegas Neira is located in the village of Inspección de Rioblanco (Municipality of Rioblanco, Tolima Department). Escuela Rural Mixta Puerto Saldaña was built in 1970 by Father Argemiro Vasquez. In 1980, the school was transformed into a Colegio depending of Colegio San Rafael de Herrera, and, after 1989 of Colegio Francisco Julián Olaya (Resolution No. 14 of 25 January 1989). Instituto Técnico Agropecuario Luis Ernesto Vanegas Neira was eventually established in 1997. Because of the threat of the guerilla, the number of students dramatically deceased while most educationalists required the transfer of the school to Ibagué, to no avail.
The flag of the institute is described in the Institutional Education Project as horizontally divided yellow-blue-green. Yellow is a symbol of economical abundance. Blue represents river Saldaña and another five rivers. Green is a symbol of the natural environment, the crops and their products.
Source: http://intellectum.unisabana.edu.co:8080/jspui/bitstream/10818/2440/1/131520.pdf
Ivan Sache, 28 November 2014


Luis Gabriel Castro, Institución Educativa


image by Ivan Sache, 17 July 2014

Colegio Municipal Luis Gabriel Castro was established in El Rosario (Nariņo Department) by Municipal Decree No. 10 of 7 November 1988. The institute is named for the El Rosario-born journalist, educationalist and historian Luis Gabriel Castro (1896-1955; http://jesusgerardogarcia.blogspot.fr/2009/01/luis-gabriel-castro.html - biography).

The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-green. White is a symbol of solidarity, responsibility, work and peace. Green is a symbol of environment.
http://www.colcastro.edu.co/simbolos.html - Institute's website

Photos
http://www.colcastro.edu.co/images/galeria/lightbox/1392230870.jpg
http://www.colcastro.edu.co/images/galeria/lightbox/1392230915.jpg
Ivan Sache, 17 July 2014


Luis López de Mesa, Colegio


image by Ivan Sache, 03 July 2014

Colegio Luis López de Mesa was established in 1930 in Barrancabermeja (Santander Department) to teach the children of the North American workers hired by the Tropical Oil Co. Originally known as Staff Ecopetro, the institute was renamed Colegio Directivo de Ecopetrol in 1959. The today's name of the institute should have been adopted in a public contest organized in 1967; however, the unexpected death of the noted teacher Luis López de Mesa caused the cancellation of the contest and the naming of the institute for him.
Ecopetrol transferred in 2013 the management of the institute to the Aspaen (Asociación para la Enseñanza) association, established on 1 September 1964, grouping now 25 institutes in eight Colombian towns under the spiritual influence, some say control, of Opus Dei.
The flag of the institute is vertically divided blue-white-blue with a thin yellow stripe between each field, and the emblem of the institute in the middle. Blue is a symbol of the local resources and progress opportunities, and of creativity. White is a symbol of aspiration to peace and liberty, of transparency and purity. Yellow is a symbol of the vitality of the soil and of the people.
Source: http://lopezdemesa.edu.co/quienes-somos/207-bandera  - Institute's website
The emblem of the institute is yellow and blue. Yellow represents the adults, as the symbol of intellect, light,  guidance, force, willingness and stimulus. Blue represents the students, as the symbol of the development of intelligence and of emotions, of infinity and of creams. The upper part of the emblem represents light radiating over the way to knowledge and spiritual transcendency.
Source: http://lopezdemesa.edu.co/quienes-somos/205-logosimbolo - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 03 July 2014