Last modified: 2017-09-29 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 05 January 2009
"Colegio del Sacrado Corazón" (of the Sacred Heart)
was founded in Baranquilla in 1956. The different sections of the
institute were progressively recognized by the Ministry of
National Education. All the relevant Decrees were superseded on
25 November 1978 by Decree No. 17518 recognizing all the sections
of the institute
The flag of the institute, according to photos and the description available on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided red-white-red.
Red represents the love burning in the sacred heart of Jesus. White represents the purity of the Christian doctrine.
Ivan Sache, 5 January 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 31 October 2014
Escuela Normal Sady Tobón Calle was established in El Cerrito (Valle
Department) by the parish priest, Sady Tobón Calle. Classes started on 8
February 1960 in a house owned by Cristóbal Duarte. On 20 April 1960, the parish
priests of San Miguel, Miranda, Carcasí, and Capitanejo asked the Bishop to
close the school, arguing that Father Tobón had initiated it only for his own
enrichment and that education given there was impious and against the Christian
religion, aiming at increasing the number of Liberals in the area. The Bishop
visited the school during the next two days and deemed the accusations against
Tobón null and voided.
Jairo Pimiento Traslaviña, appointed director of the institute in 1992, was murdered in a terrorist attempt on 2 December 1993. The institute was renamed Escuela Normal Superior Sady Tobón Calle by Resolution No. 9,026 of 12 October 2001; Father Sady Tobón Calle died on 17 January 2004 in Medellín.
The flag of the institute, adopted in 1962, is horizontally divided white-green with the institute's emblem, placed on a white disk, in the middle. White is a symbol of joy and aspiration to peace. Green is a symbol of hope.
The emblem of the institute is an heart-shaped shield, with the same colours as the flag, but arranged transversally. The upper part is white, a symbol of transparency, peace, and verity, and charged with the Greek letter "Α" and "Ω", which represent the presence of God, the beginning and end of everything, in all our acts. The lower part is green, charged with a human figure in a dynamic attitude, wrapped inside the Colombian tricolor and bearing an Olympic torch, and with an open book, as a symbol of science and pedagogic knowledge.
The shield has a black bordure charged with the name of the institute and the name of the municipality (at the top) in golden yellow letters. Beneath the shield is a scroll or inscribed with the motto "DIOS CIENCIA CARIDAD" (God Science Charity) inscribed in black letters. The original design of the shield was modified in 2001, following the initiative of Jaime Hugo Pulido, director of the school.
Source: http://ensadytobon.wordpress.com/about/ - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 31 October 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 03 November 2014
Centro Educativo Sagrada Familia de Nazaret (CESFN) was established in Bogotá
by the Missionary Daughters of the Holy Family of Nazareth, a congregation
founded in 1874 by St. Josep Manyanet Vives (1833-1901; canonised on 16 May 2004
by Pope John Paul II)
The flag of the institute is dark blue with the institute's emblem in the middle. Dark blue is the colour of the student's uniform in all educational institutes established by the Missionary Daughters of Nazareth. The emblem of the institute features:
- a snow-topped mountain representing Mount Teide, the highest mountain in Spain, meaning that you always have to go up to the top to reach excellence;
- a torch, as a symbol of triumph and accomplishment:
- the name of Nazaret written in the heavens.
Source: http://www.colegionazaret.edu.co/2014/index.php/nuestro-colegio/emblemas - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 03 November 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 25 July 2014
Colegia Sagrada Sabiduria (Sacred Knowledge) is located in Soledad (Atlántico
The flag of the institute is white with the institute's emblem in the middle.
The emblem of the institute is a shield vertically divided blue-red and bordered in red. In the middle is placed a white, open book surmounted by a yellow rising sun and flanked by two white hands. The shield is surrounded by two green wreaths.
http://colegiosagradasabiduria.edu.co/?page_id=20 - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 25 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 30 October 2014
Escuela Sagrado Corazón was established on 4 February 1920 in Chita (Boyacà
Department) by Emilio Larquere. He was succeeded in 1923 by José María Potier,
who changed the name of the school to Liceo Sagrado Corazón para Señoritas. The
school was renamed Escuela Normal Sagrado Corazón in 1956. Closed in 1960, the
institute was re-opened in 1962, as Colegio Sagrado Corazón, renamed Escuela
Normal Nacional Mixta Sagrado Corazón in 1980.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-green. White is a symbol of peace. Green is a symbol of aspiration to a better future.
Source: http://escuelanormalsuperiorchita.jimdo.com/simbolos/bandera/ - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 30 October 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 9 January 2004
The flag of the College is white with two red triangles in the
upper left and lower right corners. Red represents the Sacred
Heart of Jesus.
Source: <www.voluntad.com.co>, located by Dov Gutterman.
Ivan Sache, 9 January 2004
image by Ivan Sache, 8 November 2010
Colegio Sagrado Corazón de Jesús de La Salle, located in San José de Cúcuta,
Department of Norte de Santander, was founded on 3 June 1903 by Father Pablo
Alegria. The institute is managed by the Brothers of the Christian Schools,
founded by St. Jean-Baptiste de La Salle.
The flag of Colegio Sagrado Corazón de Jesús de La Salle, as shown graphically on the institute's website, is horizontally divided yellow-olive green. Yellow represents light and wisdom. Olive green represents hope. The same colors are used on the institute's coat of arms.
Ivan Sache, 8 November 2010
image by Ivan Sache, 6 July 2014
Colegio Sagrados Corazons was established in 1950 in Florencia (Caqueta
Department) by the Congregation of the Daughters of the Holy Hearts of Jesus and
Mary, founded in 1868 by the Italian nun Eugenia Ravasco (1845-1900; beatified
on 27 April 2003 by Pope John Paul II).
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided celestial blue-pink. Blue and pink are the colours of the cloak and of the tunica of Mary Help of Christians.
http://www.sagradoscorazones.edu.co/site/simbolos/gestion-directiva/simbolos.html - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 6 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 22 September 2014
Colegio San Pascual Baylon, located in the parish of América, part of the
town of Medellín (Antioquia Department) was closed in 1944 by its founder and
director, Alfonsos Lopera Lopera. In December 1944, several "important and
influent" inhabitants convinced the recently appointed (6 October 1944) parish
priest, José Betancur Campuzano, to push the establishment of a parish school.
His Grace Joaquín García Benítez (1883-1958), Archbishop of Medellín (1942-1957)
allowed in 1945 the priest to establish Liceo Salazar y Herrera. The new school
was named for His Grace Tiberio de Jesús Salazar y Herrera (1871-1942),
Archbishop of Medellín (1937-1942), known as the "Education's Archbishop",
founder of Escuela Normal Antioqueña para Señoritas and of the Universidad
Source: http://www.salazaryherrera.edu.co/ - Institute's website
The flag of the institute, adopted in 1964, is horizontally divided blue-white-red. Blue is a symbol of value, audacity, and intrepidness. White is a symbol of purity. Red is a symbol of nobleness, majesty, and serenity.
Source: http://www.salazaryherrera.edu.co/es/Liceo/Institucional/Simbolos - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 22 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 24 September 2014
Liceo Samper Uribe was established in 1967 in Sibaté (Cundinamarca
Department) by Gustavo Quijano Velandia, as Gimnasio Frances Honorato de Balzac.
The institute was renamed Liceo Samper Uribe the next year, as a tribute to the
contribution of the Samper and Uribe families to the socio-economic development
and establishment of the municipality of Sibaté.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided emerald green-white-yellow, with a red triangle placed along the hoist. The triangle is a symbol of harmony and perfection. Green is a symbol of hope.White is a symbol of purity. Yellow is a symbol of splendour and joy. Red is a symbol of life, youth, and vigour.
Source: http://www.liceosamperuribe.com/joomla/index.php/colegio/simbolos - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 24 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 26 June 2014
Colegio San Alberto Magno (COLSAM) was established on 5 December 1974 by the
Order of Preachers (Dominicans) in the San Luis borough of Barranquilla
The college is named for St. Albertus Magnus (1206-1280; canonized on 16 December 1931 by Pope Pius XI), a German Dominican friar considered as the greatest German philosopher and theologian of the time.
The flag of the institute, as seen on several photos available on the institute's website, is horizontally divided yellow-red-white with a triangle horizontally divided black-white placed along the hoist.
image by Ivan Sache, 26 June 2014
Another flag is shown graphically and described in great detail on the
institute's website. This flag is horizontally divided black-red-yellow with a
half-star faceted white and black placed along the hoist. The flag is based on
the national flag of Germany, the country of St. Albert the Great. The black and
white star recalls the coat of arms of the Order of Preachers, founder and
manager of the institute.
Black and white are the colours of the cloak of the Friars Preachers; black,
absorbing light and colours, is a symbol of contemplation, while white,
projecting and reflecting them, is a symbol of predication. White and black are
the expression of the fraternal kiss of the Colombian Caribbean race, which
struggles for peace and the eradication of all kind of racial, political and
religious discrimination. Red is a traditional symbol of love and sacrifice,
which initiate evangelical compassion in the institute's college. Yellow is a
symbol of the Gospel's light that enlightens the man's life. Yellow and red
recall the sandy ravines of the town, which was awarded the title of Colombia's
Source: http://www.colsam.edu.co/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=92 - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 26 June 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 28 March 2009
"Institución Educativa 'San Antonio de Padua' "
(IESAP) was founded in 1906 by Próspero Restrepo at Támesis,
Department of Antioquia. Originally named "Colegio de San
Antonio", the institute was successively renamed "Liceo
Alejandro Próspero Reverend" (1952), "Liceo Regional
Alejandro Próspero Reverend" (1961) and "Liceo
Regional Rafael J. Méjía" (Decree No. 1415, 28 September
1966). IESAP was officially founded on 7 February 2003 (Decree
No. 865) as the merger of "Liceo Regional Rafael J.
Méjía", "Escuela Eladia Mejía González" and
"Preescolar Mis Amiguitos".
The flag of IESAP, as shown graphically on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided green-blue-red with awhite triangle placed along the hoist.
It was presented, together with the emblem of the institute, during the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the institute, held on 14 August 2006.
Ivan Sache, 28 March 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 26 June 2014
Colegio San Antonio María Claret was established on 12 October 1959 in Cali
(Valle del Cauca Department) by the Congregation of Missionaries Sons of the
Immaculate Heart of Mary (Claretians).
The Claretians, a congregation founded on 16 July 1849 by the Catalan priest Anthony Mary Claret (1807-1870; canonized on 7 May 1950 by Pope Pius XII), settled in Cali in 1951.
The flag of the institute is garnet red with a yellow triangle placed along the hoist and reaching the mid-fly. Garnet red is a symbol of strength, commitment, passion, desire and love.
Yellow is a symbol of the sunlight, joy, felicity, cleverness and energy.
Ivan Sache, 26 June 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 25 September 2014
Escuela San Agustín was established on 8 October 1888 in Popayán (Cauca
Department) by Sister Antoinette Lafay, member of the Sisters of Charity of
Saint Vincent de Paul, a congregation founded in 1633 by St. Vincent de Paul
(1581-1660; canonized on 16 June 1737 by Pope Clement XII) and St. Louise de
Marillac (1561-1660; canonized on 11 March 1934 by Pope Pius XI). Concentración
Escolar San Agustín was established in 1955. Lacking staff, the Sisters of
Charity had to abandon the management of the institute in 1998. His Grace Iván
Antonio Marín, Archbishop of Popayán, commissioned the Sisters of the Charity of
St. Ann, a congregation founded by María Rafols (1781-1853) and Juan Bonal
(1769-1829), to take over the institute.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-green. White is a symbol of faith and purity. Green is a symbol of honour, friendship, and courtesy.
Source: http://sanagustinpopayan.edu.co/index.php/component/content/category/9-institucion - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 25 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 30 October 2011
"Institucion Educativa Distrital San Agustin" was founded in 1970 in Bogotá.
The flag of the institute is diagonally divided blue-white-red with the institution's emblem in the middle.
Blue symbolizes intelligence, truth and knowledge. White symbolizes aspiration to peace and social development. Red symbolizes passion, love, action and triumph.
The emblem was selected in a contest opened to students and professors in art. The emblem is horizontally divided yellow-red with an eight-pointed star all over; the rays of the star are countercolored. The ray pointing to the north is charged with an open black book charged with the white letters "SA" (for "San Agustin"), while the ray pointing to the south is charged with the black symbol of atomic physics (a black nucleus surrounded by three black ellipses representing electron's orbits). The ray pointing to the west is charged with a black G-clef, while the ray pointing to the east is charged with the Olympic rings.
In the middle of the sun is a yellow disk, separated from the rays by blue pentagons. The disk is charged with a light blue crescent and a girl and a boy wearing the uniform of the institute. The emblem is surrounded by a blue ring charged with the name of the institute, written in white capital letters.
Ivan Sache, 30 October 2011